Tree Zero - Forest Policy and Trade Expert
ORGANIZATION: M4A Foundation - CrowdDoing
Please visit the new page to apply.
Role Name: Tree Zero - Forest Policy and Trade Expert
Min Qualifications required: Bachelor’s Degree
Min Experience Required: 1-2yrs
Experience or Knowledge in a specific subject or area required:
Individual who knows paper policies, public tender value for paper Professional experience or study in forest conservation, forest science, forest-related advocacy, forestry, or biology. Trade and Finance Program on topics related to forest governance, illegal deforestation, and associated trade.
Minimum Volunteer hours required: (in hrs per week) 8-10Project Overview:
Project Name: TreeZero
Project Duration: 3-6 months (Ongoing)
The Social Enterprise is a community of systems practitioners working on a myriad of mission-driven projects, social businesses, investment funds, philanthropic programs, purpose-based communities, and other initiatives that represent values-based and regenerative economic models for the 21st century.Role Summary:
● This position is ideal for a self-starter who can prioritize competing demands, demonstrate initiative and responsibility, and quickly become an integral member of our team. Lead a team responsible for delivering technical and policy advice and programs.Essential Tasks:
- Three or more years of professional experience or study in a land use-, forest- or conservation-related field;1-2 years demonstrated professional experience
- Trade and Finance Program on topics related to forest governance, illegal deforestation, and associated trade.
- Analyze trends in international commodity trade to inform program strategy
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent research skills, including ability to work with large data sets
- Initiative and ability for self-directed, independent work
- Exceptional organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Superior knowledge of the operational and strategic requirements for the successful delivery of a range of biodiversity conservation, soil or water conservation or natural resource management programs
- Experience managing program or project work including setting and meeting deadlines
- Experience working with and delivering on organizational strategic plans
Preferred Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (forestry, economics, political science, international development, environmental science, geography)
"To help support you joining the right part of CrowdDoing for you, please use this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSftd6E0tyV2uq7mMty1rZ80BB2MSGhbnof9gRBvaQXbrttIkg/viewform?usp=sf_link"
The only way CrowdDoing.world can realize its impact potential is through virtual volunteers,service learners(http://blog.reframeit.com/service-learning-and-skilled-volunteering/), and micro-leaders (https://real-leaders.com/leveraging-micro-leadership-to-make-aspirational-goals-achievable/) coming together.
See this brief video aboutMicro-leadership at CrowdDoing (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhdB2YJ8Ocs&app=desktop). Micro-leadership means that each person adopts a dimension of responsibility for a collective problem in our society through collaborating on that area creatively individually and together through social innovation.
You are also welcome to see more background on CrowdDoing at our Youtube Channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVoL7fai7oa95fBo44FC0gA?sub_confirmation=1).
Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/CrowdDoing-515295062320613) ,
LinkedIn ( https://www.linkedin.com/company/18910309/ ).
You can see a CrowdDoing Volunteering FAQ here.
If you have any questions about processes for joining crowddoing as a volunteer please write to email@example.com
About M4A Foundation - CrowdDoing
3325 Besana Drive, El Dorado Hills, CA 95762, US
CrowdDoing [dot] world is a joint initiative of Match4Action Foundation and Reframe It. CrowdDoing is focused on addressing the social, economic, and environmental challenges our world faces by collaborating with professionals and volunteers from many different industries. We offer a platform for individuals to connect and collaborate toward creating systemic change. We would love for you to join the team! What makes us different? CrowdDoing aims to support social innovations with transformative impact potential through global multi-disciplinary volunteering, micro-leadership and service learning. We work through operating leverage for systems change to achieve collective agency. We orient to ikigai and self-determination theory in order to help each person have the perfect role. #systemschange #systemsthinking #servicelearning #socialinnovation
Match4Action connects those wanting to volunteer their skills with those in need for remote or local project support, advice, collaboration and mentoring.
Our smart technology platform uses the latest machine learning, artificial intelligence and virtual assistants to match the demand for resources for social impact with the skills and resources available, anywhere in the world. We use blockchain to create and manage a social impact currency.This unique, self sustainable open platform has one key purpose: accelerating social impact through collaboration and linking local projects with our global presence.
CrowdDoing aims to leverage micro-leadership, service learning and massively multi-disciplinary collaboration supported with project managers and human resource business partners. Collaborate with people whom you can learn from while changing the world virtually together.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
May 17, 2022
- People 55+