Volunteer Buddy system
Audio Information Network of Colorado
This is a rare opportunity for volunteers that are seeking more of a one-on -one volunteer experience to buddy up with AINColorado service users. Successful candidates will be assigned to one, or two (depending on volunteers availability, and ability) AINC service users to speak with on an ongoing basis to check-in with them and see how the services are working for them, answer any questions they may have (or refer questions they may not know answers to back to appropriate office staff), and possibly help with equipment set-up.
Volunteers interested in this opportunity will need to:
- go to AINColorado website and fill out our volunteer application at:
- you will be required to complete a level-2 background check (because of working with at risk clientele)
- we will send you an invite to do this when you submit a volunteer application
- you will be required to successfully complete the Buddy- System training program
- you will be notified of the training after successful completion of background check
- You will be required to complete documentation forms related to buddy interactions
About Audio Information Network of Colorado
1700 55th Street Ste A, Boulder, CO 80301, US
The Audio Information Network of Colorado(AINColorado), is a non-profit (501c3corporation), on the air volunteer reading service, that seek to normalize the lives of Colorado's blind, visually impaired and print handicapped citizens by providing access to printed materials not available through another resource. AINColorado does not duplicate or replicate any existing service or broadcast information that is generally available through other media, public radio, television or through the mailings of the Colorado Talking Book Library for the Blind.
Volunteers need to pass an oral reading audition, have a clear speaking voice, good language skills, the ability to follow directions, and be able to commit to a 2 hour per week commitment. Volunteers must also fill out an AINC volunteer application from our website: https://aincolorado.org/volunteer-application/
Monday through Friday 8 AM to 5 PM (currently studio closed to all traffic; all volunteers working remotely)
CLOSED ON WEEKENDS
We are requiring all volunteers be reasonably tech savvy to record, and send audio files in remotely in time for airing at the prescribed play time. We can discuss the logistic requirements following passing of the reading audition.