Teacher's Assistant | Full-time Volunteer
1 person is interested
About Catholic Volunteers in Florida: CVIF provides one year service placement opportunities throughout the state of Florida and internationally in the Dominican Republic. We provides volunteers with the opportunity to serve those in need while also developing professionally and personally through our unique retreat program. Benefits include a monthly stipend, health insurance, and furnished housing.
About the Position: CVIF has positions for full-time Elementary Education and Middle School teachers or Teacher's Assistant for the 2018-2019 school year. Candidates should be able to conduct standards-based instruction and assessment while incorporating learning centers into engaging lessons.
- -Organize and direct lessons and activities related to the standards.
- -Develop and document weekly lesson plans consistent with curriculum guidelines.
- -Provide grade-appropriate instructional program of engaging and interactive activities.
- -Be responsible for the safety and active supervision of students at all times and for classroom management.
- -Assess and document student progress.
- -Implement lesson plans, utilizing techniques to motivate, challenge and engage students.
- -Interact effectively and respond to all parent communication in a professional, empathetic, and timely manner.
- -Participate in faculty meetings, committees, and professional development opportunities.
- -Work collaboratively with other teachers, staff, and administration.
- -Integrate technology effectively into the classroom
- -To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- -Must have a high school diploma or equivalent and one year of experience working in a medical, psychiatric, nursing or child care setting or in working with persons who have a developmental disability. College, vocational or technical training equal to 30 semester hours, 45 quarter hours, or 720 classroom hours can substitute for the required experience.
- -Must meet all CVIF program requirements (minimum age of 21 years, FBI Level 2 background check, valid drivers license, 11-month commitment, more at www.cvif.org)
BENEFITS:CVIF provides free furnished housing, health insurance (including vision and dental), a monthly living stipend (up to $600 depending on location), and Americorps Education Award for qualifying positions (approximately $5,900 for past loans or future study) upon completion of year of service CVIF also provides quarterly retreats, faith formation, professional development, and leadership training and coaching. Deadline to apply is May 31, 2019
Please send resume to email@example.com.
PO Box 536476Orlando, FL 32853
- Teaching / Instruction
- General Education
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check