Community Volunteer Leader
4 people are interested
A Community Volunteer Leader is a single point of contact for a community or collection of communities with the primary goal of connecting the community with the Red Cross mission.
* Recruit and refer prospective volunteers and volunteer groups to the American Red Cross in support of District and Regional goals and metrics. Help recruit a volunteer workforce that is both inclusive and represents the demographics of the community. As an advocate, represent the Red Cross volunteer needs within the community. Maintain appropriate level of communication with chapter leadership to understand volunteer priorities and needs.
* Serve as the primary connector between the defined geography and the American Red Cross mission. As a credible leader in the community, help represent the community needs and opportunities back to Red Cross Regional Leadership. Utilize established communication channels to communicate community needs and stay current on Red Cross programs and messaging. To help build / regain presence, serve as the face of Red Cross at local community events and serve as primary public affairs / local communicator in defined geography during "blue skies".
* Cultivate, manage, and steward external partner relationships to help create and maintain connectedness within defined community, managing a portfolio of key stakeholders. Portfolio of relationships within assigned geography will include elected officials, key government agencies, community groups, faith-based, colleges/universities, civic, NGOs/NPOs, and military organizations. Maintain appropriate level of communication with regional leadership to ensure consistent messaging and priorities.
* Promote and facilitate opportunities across all relevant lines of service within assigned geography. Leverage social capital and relationships to expand local Red Cross mission in support of regional goals and objectives. Maintain appropriate level of communication with chapter leadership.
* Examples of Day-to-Day Activities:
Provides Red Cross updates to local service clubs (Rotary, Kiwanis, etc.).
Participates in local community events as an extension of Executive Director.
Shares volunteer needs within social networks / circles of influence based on consultation with Volunteer Director and Mission Leads.
Routine meetings with key stakeholders (fire chiefs, mayors, veteran organizations, local media partners). Community volunteer leaders will rely on Mission Leads (i.e. RDPO) and mission volunteers (i.e. Disaster Services Chair) for functional input.
* Passion for the Red Cross mission and the community.
* A natural connector; able to connect the community needs with American Red Cross.
* Strong communication skills, one-on-one or with groups.
* An interest and background in relationship / account management.
* Credible individual with knowledge of and influence in the community.
* Demonstrated interest in promoting volunteerism.
* Individual willing to leverage personal and professional social capital to promote Red Cross mission.
* Able to be sensitive to others and personally work well in stressful situations with a wide variety of people.
* Be a creative self-starter who is able to successfully manage multiple tasks and priorities.
* Sensitive to diversity issues.
* Commitment to the American Red Cross and its values.
* Understand Red Cross objectives, organization, services, and the responsibilities and relationships of working with volunteers.
* Ability to work in a variety of roles, including those of consultant, collaborator, and administrator.
* Comfortable with use of email, web, and social media tools.
We'll work with your schedule.
600 Park Center Dr.Santa Ana, CA 92705
- Program Management
- Executive Admin
- People Skills
- Project Management
- Public Speaking
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 6-8 hours / month. Minimum two years