We Honor Veterans! Come work as a Veteran Volunteer.
6 people are interested
Our Vet-to-Vet Volunteer Program aims to pair Veteran Volunteers with hospice patients who have been identified as Veterans. We believe that Veteran Volunteers have the unique ability to relate and connect with each patient thereby creating an environment where life review and healing may occur.
What is the importance of Veteran Volunteers?
- Volunteers are essential to the delivery of quality hospice care.
- Veterans are a part of a distinct culture with their own common language and experience.
- When Veterans interact, their common language and experience can form a strong relational bond.
- The camaraderie created between Veterans has proven to be supportive for all involved.
What activities can Veteran Volunteers do?
- Assist Veterans in reminiscing/telling life stories.
- Educate and assist patients in receiving Veteran benefits.
- Take part in pinning ceremonies or distribute certificates for Veterans Day and other recognition events.
- Assist in replacing lost medals.
If this is something that you believe you would like to do, please reach out and volunteer with us!
We'll work with your schedule.
6800 Weiskolpf Ave Ste 105McKinney, TX 75070
- Veteran Care
- Hospice Care
- Bereavement Support
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Patient Care
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Once a week visits are ideal but flexible
- Drug Screen and Health Screen (TB)