Teen Virtual Reality Operator Volunteer at The National Aviary
A VR Operator is a front-line attendant to National Aviary’s flight simulation experience, Birdly. The VR Operator assists guests onto/off the machine and through the Birdly experience, start to finish. The primary goal is helping guests to have the safest and most enjoyable flight possible.
This position is ongoing but may be served for a short term to earn needed service hours.
Days Needed: Saturday, holidays or other peak days when the National Aviary is open.
Specific Time/Shift Requirements: 10:00 - 5:00 pm Saturday and holidays. Other hours may be available.
- Operate and facilitate guest interactions with Birdly, the National Aviary’s flight simulation experience.
- Provide high quality visitor engagement and guest hospitality.
- Volunteers complete on-the-job training.
- Commit to a schedule one month in advance.
- May serve as a short term volunteer assignment to accumulate service hours
- Be at least 16 years old.
- Submit an online application: https://www.aviary.org/teen-virtual-reality-operator
- Participate in a 20-30 minute interview.
- Be comfortable with technology and interacting with people of all ages.
- Have a clear criminal background check and child abuse history if 18 years old or older
- Submit for FBI fingerprinting or sign waiver if eligible (for 18 and older).
- Have reliable and convenient internet access.
About National Aviary in Pittsburgh
Allegheny Commons West, 700 Arch St., Pittsburgh, PA 15212, US
To inspire respect for nature through an appreciation of birds.
America's bird zoo is located in Pittsburgh, PA and fully accredited by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums (AZA). The National Aviary is the only non-profit, free-standing indoor facility in the U.S. which is wholly dedicated to avian exhibition, education, conservation, and the development and practice of leading-edge avian medicine. Our diverse collection consists of approximately 500 birds of 150 species from six continents.
We'll work with your schedule.
700 Arch StreetPittsburgh, PA 15212
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Environmental Education
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 36 hours