16 people are interested
About the Heurich House Museum:
The Heurich House Museum preserves the legacy of Christian Heurich and enriches the creative economy of Washington, DC. The private non-profit Heurich House Museum preserves the historic Heurich House mansion as a museum and community center. The mansion, which was built from 1892-94, was the home of German immigrant, local brewer, and philanthropist Christian Heurich (1842-1945). Recognized as Washington, DC’s most successful brewer, he ran the Chr. Heurich Brewing Co. until his death at 102. The mansion is notable for its technological innovations, original interiors, and rich archival collection of one of the most important local families. The museum is open for regular public events and public tours. Private tours and event rentals are also available.
The museum educates the public about the life and times of Christian Heurich and promotes a deeper understanding of late-Victorian architecture, technological innovation in the built environment, the brewing industry of Washington, DC, and the German immigrant experience in America.
The Heurich House Museum seeks Event Volunteers to provide assistance during public programs (e.g., First Fridays, Oktoberfest, Christkindlmarkt, Kids in the Castle, etc.) and during private events (e.g., receptions, symposiums, weddings, etc.) at the Heurich House Museum.
Event Volunteer Job Description:
- Provide interpretive services for visitors (including answering basic questions about the house and the family)
- Assist the museum staff with the security of guests and the museum’s collections
- Make sure that guests adhere to the rules of the house (e.g., leaving coats and large bags in the front closet, no crossing behind ropes, no touching objects or walls, etc.)
- Help with general logistics of events (e.g., event set up, event break down, etc.)
- Ensure that all visitors feel welcome and have an enjoyable museum experience
All volunteers must complete volunteer training and sign up for Sling, a web-based scheduling program, to apply for volunteer shifts.
- 50% discount on one ticket per public event hosted by the Heurich House Museum
- 15% discount on items sold at the Heurich House Museum Gift Shop
- Discounted or free admission to partner organizations through the Historic House Museum Consortium
- Volunteer appreciation events including group tours of other museums and behind-the-scenes tours of the Heurich House Museum
Please visit our website for more information and to apply to volunteer! http://www.heurichhouse.org/support/volunteer
The Heurich House Museum values diversity of culture and thought and seeks talented, qualified employees in all its operations regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other protected classification under country or local law.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
1307 New Hampshire Avenue, N.W.Washington, DC 20036