3 people are interested
The purpose of the Resource Navigator is to work with the Valley Assistance Network (VAN) team to connect families in the Northern Shenandoah Valley with services to help them move from crisis to stability, and ultimately financial security.
VAN Resource Navigators will be the frontline service providers who walk alongside families to connect them resources in our community. This involves linking them to health and human service agencies, advocating for clients, researching new and creative solutions, and providing support and encouragement on their journey to self-sufficiency. Each case will be unique so please bring your problem-solving skills, compassion and perseverance. An orientation is required and training will be provided.
- Facilitate referrals to community partners
- Provide direction and guidance to identify and remove barriers for clients seeking services
- Advocate for clients to obtain appropriate housing, employment, education, counseling, healthcare, transportation, treatment, medication and other needed services
- Maintain current knowledge of working relationships with community partners
- Collaborate with partners and stakeholders to identify gaps in services and solutions
- Assist in developing plans to support internal processes and growth strategies
- Participate in outreach and community events, as needed
- Screen and provide application assistance for individuals seeking benefits or services
- Communicate with the VAN team to provide updates and maintain accurate records and outcomes for reporting
- Basic computer skills
- Basic interviewing skills and ability to "coach" clients
- The ability to relate and empathize with clients in crisis
- Possess an understanding of the dynamics of poverty, as well as an understanding of, and sensitivity to, serving diverse populations
- Conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Reliable transportation and willingness to occasionally travel to meetings (around Winchester)
- Must be flexible, proactive and open to learning
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
411 N. Cameron Street # 210Winchester, VA 22601
- Resource Development / Management
- People Skills
- Case Work / Management
- Crisis Counseling
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- At least 5 hours a week between 9AM-5PM Mon-Fri