Part Time Volunteer Recruitment Director (stipend available)
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Are you looking for a rewarding opportunity training and recruiting volunteers that will also grow your leadership skills and expand your HR knowledge? Do you have management experience? Are you good at creating processes, job descriptions, job ads, and performance expectations? NAMI - San Fernando Valley has an immediate need for someone who is tech savvy, a self-starter, a good leader, and a critical thinker. This part-time opportunity comes with a monthly stipend. It is for an experienced recruitment, HR, or performance and management professional. You will learn our organization's human resource needs in order to train and guide recruiters to fill those needs. You'll lead a team that includes an onboarding specialist, recruiters and recruitment assistants.
As Recruitment Director,
- Learn our current recruitment process and fill our immediate recruitment needs with the assistance of your team
- Determine and implement any new upgrades or gaps in processes that need to happen so we operate smoothly; you're a strategic thinker and collaborater
- Train new recruiters on the process
- Install performance metrics
- Write and post recruitment ads to our boards and send internal email blasts with volunteer opportunities
- Ensure our Administrative team continues to run smoothly and has what it needs to operate
- Manage and work with the onboarding specialist to create a stellar presentation for all new recruits.
- Create a work schedule for volunteers to ensure there is always volunteer coverage
- Streamline and standardize our recruitment process where necessary
- Use our NationBuilder database system to help you keep track of recruitment activity
- Create a dashboard that gives a snapshot of the monthly recruitment "story".
- Role-specific training and tools to help you succeed in your role
- Guidance and coaching from the Executive Director particularly in your first few months
- Support and recognition for your achievements and contributions
- To volunteer alongside awesome people, make new connections, and add your rewarding volunteer experience to your resume/portfolio for career advancement
- To work remotely, with a flexible schedule
- A personal connection with mental health either through family, friends or personal ties
- Strong communicationand organizational skills
- Polished professionalism
- Reliable transportation
- A goals-oriented, leadership mindset, you enjoy sharing knowledge with others and advocating for important causes
- The ability to think critically about how to solve self-identified problems and execute solutions with approval
- The ability to perform and take initiative with minimal direction; you're a self-starter
- Basic Microsoft Office and Google Suite skills
- The ability to learn our simple database, NationBuilder
- Twelve (12) hrs a week to work at $20/hr
- A career or interest in Human Resources and related fields, a plus
- Management experience
- A reliable commitment to the organization and its work
ONLY SERIOUS APPLICANTS NEED APPLY. RELIABILITY A MUST. REFERENCES REQUIRED.
The National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) is the nation's largest volunteer-led grassroots organizations helping individuals affected by mental illness. At NAMI San Fernando Valley, we are proud to offer free support groups, educational programs, and outreach presentations to individuals and families affected by mental illness. We tirelessly fight the stigma of mental illness through our advocacy and outreach efforts to spread awareness in our communities. We want to make the world a better place for those with mental illnesses. Click "I want to help!" if you are interested in this incredibly rewarding volunteer opportunity. *Be sure to include your email address and phone number and we will be in contact within 48 hours*
Check us out here:
The programs and initiatives of National Alliance on Mental Illness - San Fernando Valley are staffed by talented volunteers who have the passion, drive and expertise necessary to fulfill our mission. NAMI SFV welcomes and appreciates individual differences and invites diversity in its broadest definition. We are devoted to promoting an inclusive organizational environment of transparency, authenticity, creativity, and kindness.
We'll work with your schedule.
20151 Nordhoff StreetChatsworth, CA 91311
- Performance Management
- People Skills
- Human Resources Training & Development
- Human Resources Recruitment
- ERP / CRM
- 12 hrs/wk
- committed, reliable, strategic thinker