Graphic Design Intern
4 people are interested
This is an internship for artists seeking to gain experience creating content for nonprofits. This will include work in: graphic design, web design, photography, videography, and more.
- Updating and maintaining The Center’s website
- Creating educational, outreach, and awareness content such as: posters, flyers, brochures, videos, and other visual materials (electronic & print).
- Documenting and sharing The Center’s activities and events through photography & videography work.
- Coming up with designs for t-shirts, bags, and other promotion & fundraising items.
- Assisting marketing team with creating content for marketing and fundraising campaigns.
- Complete 1 week of 24/7 crisis hotline advocacy per month
- Promoting The Center in other artistic ways, as you are inspired or as assigned.
- Experience in graphic design, web design, photography, videography, and other arts
- Able to provide portfolio with examples of art/design work
- A willingness to reach out to the community
- Feel comfortable designing and executing visual projects
- Strong organizational & time management skills
- Proficient in using design programs
- Ability to work in a confidential environment
- Able to fulfill minimum requirements for volunteer: initial interview, 32-hour training, continuing education hours, background check, follow-up interview.
Submit an application online at: https://visitthecenter.org/internship%2Fpracticum
We'll work with your schedule.
718 J Clyde Morris BLvdSuite BNewport News, VA 23601
- Graphic Design
- Web Design
- Visual Arts
- Graphic Design / Print
- Video Production
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 15-20 hours per week
- Pass background check, complete 38 hr advocate training