1 person is interested
Volunteer English Teacher
ORGANIZATION: Marina Orth Foundation
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
The Marina Orth Foundation is an international education NGO with over 15 years of experience based in Medellin, Colombia. At the Foundation's programs, we teach students STEM + H (science, technology, engineering, mathematics + humanities) leadership skills and develop extracurricular activities focus on English and robotics. We believe that, with the tools and skills needed to compete in the 21st century, children from socioeconomically vulnerable backgrounds can perform equally or better than graduates of the best schools in the world.
We are looking for English teacher volunteers willing to work for five (5) months (February 2023 to June 2023.)
The volunteer experience could be in El Carmen de Viboral, La Ceja, or in some rural villages of Medellin
They will design and teach English classes in cooperation with the local teachers (for children of first grade to fifth grade) and run extracurricular English clubs (for high school students). Depending on the position, the volunteer teaches between 3 to 5 hours/day, 5 days a week + 2h of the extracurricular club per week + lesson planning.
- English fluency or C1-level proficiency and
- Spanish B1 -level proficiency.
- Class and discipline management,
- Positive attitude and adaptable,
- Experience teaching and/or working with groups of children, TEFL appreciated,
- Experience of living and working in Latin America is not required but preferred,
- Foreigners or Colombians who lived in a foreign country (to talk about international openness, cultures, etc.)
Length of service:
From February 6th to June 15th of 2023
PS: Colombian school schedule includes several long weekends + one week off for Semana Santa (March or April).
- The volunteer receives a monthly stipend of COP 1,500,000, which is about USD 338.
- The Foundation provides the document for the volunteer visa.
At the expense of the volunteer:
- Transports to Colombia
- Transports in Medellin
- Health insurance (MANDATORY)
- Part of the volunteer visa fee: USD 170 (approx)
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Marina Orth Foundation
Cl. 10 Sur #50FF-28, Ed. Primer Plano - Of. 305, Medellin, Antioquia 050034, CO
Our mission is to guarantee a modern and high quality education for students with limited resources, to train and guide teachers in STEM+H (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics + Humanities) strategies and to develop extracurricular activities for our students in the areas of English, research and robotics.
The Marina Orth Foundation is an international education NGO with over 10 years of experience based in Medellin, Colombia. At the Foundation, we teach students STEM + H (science, technology, engineering, mathematics + humanities) leaderships skills and develop extracurricular activities that focus on English and robotics. We believe that, given the tools and skills needed to compete in the 21st century, children from socioeconomically vulnerable backgrounds can perform equally or better than graduates of the best schools in the world.
Cl. 10 Sur #50FF-28 - Ed. Primer Plano - Of.305MedellinMedellin, Antioquia 050034Colombia
September 16, 2022
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Must be at least 21
- 30 hours/week
- English fluency or C1-level proficiency, Spanish B1-level proficiency