6 people are interested
Volunteer English Teacher
ORGANIZATION: Marina Orth Foundation
Please visit the new page to apply.
6 people are interested
The Marina Orth Foundation is an international education NGO with over 15 years of experience based in Medellin, Colombia. At the Foundation's programs, we teach students STEM + H (science, technology, engineering, mathematics + humanities) leadership skills and develop extracurricular activities focus on English and robotics. We believe that, with the tools and skills needed to compete in the 21st century, children from socioeconomically vulnerable backgrounds can perform equally or better than graduates of the best schools in the world.
We are looking for English teacher volunteers willing to work for 4.5 months (January 2024 to June 2024)
The volunteer experience could be in El Carmen de Viboral or in some rural villages of Medellin.
They will design and teach English classes in cooperation with the local teachers (for children of first grade to fifth grade) and run extracurricular English clubs (for high school students). The volunteer teaches between 3 to 5 hours/day, 4 days a week + 1 day for lesson planning.
- English fluency or C1-level proficiency
- Spanish B1 -level proficiency.
- Class and discipline management,
- Positive attitude and adaptable,
- Experience teaching and/or working with groups of children, TEFL appreciated,
- Experience of living and working in Latin America is not required but preferred,
- Foreigners or Colombians who lived in a foreign country (to talk about international openness, cultures, etc.)
Length of service:
From January 15th to June 30th of 2024
- The volunteer receives a monthly stipend of COP 1,696,800, which is about USD 364.
- The Foundation provides the document for the volunteer visa.
At the expense of the volunteer:
- Transports to Colombia
- Transports in Medellin
- Health insurance (MANDATORY)
- Part of the volunteer visa fee: USD 170 (approx)
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Marina Orth Foundation
Cl. 10 Sur #50FF-28, Ed. Primer Plano - Of. 305, Medellin, Antioquia 050034, CO
Our mission is to guarantee a modern and high quality education for students with limited resources, to train and guide teachers in STEM+H (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics + Humanities) strategies and to develop extracurricular activities for our students in the areas of English, research and robotics.
The Marina Orth Foundation is an international education NGO with over 10 years of experience based in Medellin, Colombia. At the Foundation, we teach students STEM + H (science, technology, engineering, mathematics + humanities) leaderships skills and develop extracurricular activities that focus on English and robotics. We believe that, given the tools and skills needed to compete in the 21st century, children from socioeconomically vulnerable backgrounds can perform equally or better than graduates of the best schools in the world.
Cl. 10 Sur #50FF-28 - Ed. Primer Plano - Of.305MedellinMedellin, Antioquia 050034Colombia
October 17, 2023
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Must be at least 21
- 25 hours/week
- English fluency or C1-level proficiency, Spanish B1-level proficiency