Primary TasksWill be responsible for advising clients on preventive foreclosure and pre-purchase housing issues over the phone or via the internet. Will also gather facts regarding client's financial position, analyze total client needs and make recommendations to assist clients in meeting their financial goals.
Under direction, to conduct case studies and follow-up on clients who are referred for housing counseling.
Examples of Duties:·Conducts in-take interviews; makes determinations of eligibility for housing and social services assistance. · Establishes client files, prepares client case plans in consultation with supervisor, and provides direct home-ownership and/or renters counseling. · Provides information and referral services based on client case plans.
· Confers with various housing and social service agencies, exchanging necessary information regarding clients.
· Individual one-on-one counseling and case load management
· Facilitate homebuyer education workshops
· Program administration, including answering and responding to general inquires, collection and processing of new client information and general mailings
· Gather and maintain information on existing and upcoming homeownership opportunities
·Assist in maintenance of the program's database, including data collection, input and program reporting
· Assist in new curriculum development and existing curriculum refinement
· Represent the organization in various community forums· Assist in program development and policy analysis activities, as needed
- People Skills
- Financial Literacy
- Problem Solving
- Public Speaking
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment