Apartment Support Mentor
2 people are interested
Ending the cycle of homelessness. We do this in cities across America, one at a time. We strive to build communities where all young adults know care, feel loved and have a support system to help them move quickly from surviving to thriving.
Once we’re successful in helping kids get off the streets, the real test begins. If it takes 3-12 months or more to get someone into housing. It may take twice that long working with them in an apartment environment before they feel fully capable and comfortable with taking care of themselves. Apartment support mentor teams will monitor their situations, and help young renters build the life they deserve.
Building stable homes
Apartment Support may include, but is not limited to, helping with the following:
- Assistance in locating and taking care of an apartment
- Life skills training, including the fundamentals of living alone and supporting one's self
- Developing a follow-up plan after being placed in an independent living situation
- Job seeking and maintenance
- Weekly food baskets and nutrition planning
- Counseling and moral support
- Referrals for medical and dental support
- Occasional Moving help (Trucks needed!)
Us: Houston, TX within Beltway 8, location varies; we can building teams for North, South, East, West, and Central Houston. Email Houston@standupforkids.org.
Other locations: Visit StandUpforKids.org to volunteer in other cities! California (Orange County, San Diego), Massachusetts (Worcester), Texas (, San Antonio), Virginia (Hampton Roads), Washington (Bremerton).
We'll work with your schedule.
3000 Montrose BlvdHouston, TX 77098
- Program Management
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Career Counseling / Coaching
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-3 hours/week or biweekly
- must have transportation between multiple locations