Become a Red River Zoo volunteer!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
16 people are interested
Volunteers are able to assist zoo activities any day of the week from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. There is no maximum or minimum you need to achieve in a day, hours are dependent on your availability. If you'd like to volunteer for a half an hour, one hour, or even several hours it's all up to you! For individual volunteers , you have an option of choosing between two volunteer statuses: temporary volunteers and active volunteers .
- Temporaryvolunteers gain access to basic volunteer opportunities such as "beautification" . This includes activities such as: gardening, raking, mulching, and helping our zoo look our best; cleaning, such as sanitizing our carousel and children toys, checking for waste within our zoo, and other tasks to help keep our zoo a clean, healthy environment; and helping prepare for our fall events! Temporaryvolunteers also participate in animal enrichment activities, Red River Zoo events, Education events, and other opportunities available. This status is beneficial for: people with community or course hours to fulfill, a small group of two to five people, for those who wish to test the waters before commuting to volunteering , and for people who may not be able to dedicate 10 hours of volunteer service in a calendar year. This status does not have a volunteer fee.
- Active Volunteers gain access to all previous opportunities as temporaryvolunteers in addition to: more in-depth animal enrichment activities, preparation of the animal's diets and nutritional needs, walking our Gypsy Vanner Horse Aragon, Education outreach opportunities, the Red River Zoo Docent program (upon completion of 40 hours of general volunteerism ), access to Red River Zoo Newsletters and informational monthly meetings, volunteer award programs, and our Red River Zoo Discount Card for the Gift Shop and Concession stand items. The Active Volunteer status has a time requirement of completing 10 hours in a calendar year and $25 fee for your volunteer shirt, name badge, and other materials.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
4255 23rd Ave SFargo, ND 58104
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Environmental Education
- Retail / Sales
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10 hours annually for Active Volunteers
- Volunteers under the age of 18 require a chaperone with them at all times.