15 people are interested
Crisis Intervention Specialist
ORGANIZATION: Beacon of Hope Crisis Center
Please visit the new page to apply.
15 people are interested
A Crisis Intervention Specialist serves as the first point of contact for clients calling the crisis center. Obtaining experience in crisis intervention is vital for anyone looking to enter the fields of criminal justice, social services, etc. Personal experience working with victims of domestic violence and sexual assault crime presents a unique opportunity to build your resume. The Specialist will field incoming calls to crisis lines, complete the intake process for new clients, provide referrals, and connect victims to advocates. Crisis Intervention Specialists will also be asked to assist Victim Advocates with protective order filing, court accompaniment, and safety planning.
- Answering all incoming calls, including crisis calls, informational calls, follow-up contact calls and calls for staff members
- Completing crisis call assessment forms with callers to determine program eligibility and appropriateness
- Following agency rules and protocols for admitting people to the center
- Fostering an environment of respect with clients, callers and staff
- Supporting other staff as needed including:
- Accompanying the victims to court for criminal cases, protective orders or child in need of services (CHINS) cases
- Providing the victims with empathy and support during court accompaniment
- Providing the victims with resources and referrals for medical, legal, shelter/housing, employment, clinics, counseling/support groups assistance
- Providing follow-ups
- Ability to stay calm and use appropriate judgment in responding to crisis and security situations
- Critical thinking and evaluation skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Attention to detail in record keeping, coordination and documentation
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to problem solve and make appropriate decisions in urgent situations
- Awareness and adherence to confidentiality and boundaries
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Punctuality and dependability
- Completed or in the process of obtaining a Bachelor’s degree in criminology, criminal justice, law, social work or related field OR previous experience in working with victims of crime
- Working knowledge of Microsoft suite including Word, Power Point and Excel
- Excellent typing skills
- Commitment to non-violent and cooperative work environment
- Commitment to providing quality and equitable services to all clients regardless of race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, religion, age or sexual orientation
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
- Ability to do online research
- Knowledge of community resources
- Experience with Case Management Software
About Beacon of Hope Crisis Center
6920 S East St, Suite B, Indianapolis, IN 46227, US
Beacon of Hope Crisis Center is a Christ-centered organization empowering victims of domestic violence and sexual assault to become self-sufficient by providing safety, education and support.
Beacon of Hope offers the following services to victims of domestic violence and sexual assault: crisis support, victim advocacy, case management, counseling, employment assistance, court accompaniment, life skills training, teen dating violence education and outreach, foster pet care, and community awareness.
Beacon of Hope is an equal opportunity provider and serves victims of domestic violence regardless of their religious affiliation, ethnic origin, gender, or economic status.
7002 South East StreetIndianapolis, IN 46227
October 10, 2023
- Mental Health
- Case Work / Management
- Crisis Counseling
- Public Advocacy
- Social Work
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- A passion for helping survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault.