Hands-Only CPR Presenter
1 person is interested
The American Red Cross Hands-Only CPR course teaches untrained bystanders how to perform Hands-Only CPR. During a 30-minute skill building session, participants learn how to check for consciousness, call 9-1-1 (or the local emergency number), and give continuous chest compressions. Please note that Certification in CPR training is not provided through this course.
Having more citizen bystanders trained in this simple skill can help save lives by putting more cardiac arrest victims within a few steps of lifesaving assistance.
The Hands-Only CPR Presenter’s responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Provides standardized, high-quality training to groups and individuals on how to provide Hands-Only CPR to a person whose collapse was witnessed and who is unresponsive and not breathing normally;
- Gains expert knowledge of Hands-Only CPR program materials and job tools;
- Works as a team with the Hands-Only CPR Program Leader and other volunteers and employees to implement and grow the Hands-Only CPR program in the region;
- Coordinates with the Hands-Only CPR Program Leader to ensure they have the necessary information, equipment and supplies to effectively conduct on-site Hands-Only CPR courses;
- Uses the Hands-Only CPR Job Tools to recruit and train other individuals to support the program;
- Works with the Hands-Only CPR Program Leader to ensure updates to the program curriculum are reflected in the courses they provide;
- Works with Hands-Only CPR Program Leader to provide Hands-Only CPR training for the regional staff as required;
- Records courses provided in the Reach Form and Volunteer Activity section in Volunteer Connection;
- Provides feedback to the Hands-Only CPR Program Leader regarding program issues/improvements;
- Other duties as agreed to between the presenter and the Hands-Only CPR Program Leader.
We'll work with your schedule.
Various locations throughout Chemung Countyand Schuyler CountyCorning, NY 14830
- Data Entry
- Basic Computer Skills
- Teaching / Instruction
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Complete at least one presentation per month