Community Event Volunteers!
Are you an outgoing person? Like to talk to people from all walks of life? LOVE NATURE AND ANIMALS? Well, you might enjoy representing Tanglewood at off-site events as a community event volunteer!
We are invited to set up a table at community events like fairs, festivals, farmer's markets, back to school nights, and more. We would love to be at every single one of those... just haven't worked out the cloning details yet. Most of these events take place on weekends and evenings, so this position can accommodate normal working hours and can be a great fit for a family or a pair of friends who like to volunteer together.
Most of these events run for several hours to all-day... you don't have to be available for an entire 10 hour festival. Just a few hours can make a very big difference! There is not a minimum number of events you have to attend, either - from our perspective, the more events we can send volunteers to, the better!
What it takes:
- a friendly person (or several people)
- with a good driving record
- and their car
- fill out volunteer app
- after you're cleared from the SOR check, Bridget will email you to set up a time to chat and do a basic orientation
- Bridget will include you on community event invitation emails
- if you see an event that works with your calendar (you're available to go represent Tanglewood) then email back and Bridget will RSVP with the event coordinators
- on the day of the event, drive up to Tanglewood
- pick up the community events kit (Bridget keeps it stocked with flyers, coloring pages, nature-y things)
- if necessary, pick up one of our pop-up tents and chairs to take with you
- if desired, pick up an animal or two to take with you (turtles, geckos, and the cuddlies like our ferret tend to be very popular) and put their travel container in your car
- hit the road
- suddenly become very popular, as EVERYONE likes to see Tanglewood and will love to meet you and your animal(s)!
- at the end of the event, put everything back where you found it and Bridget will restock the flyers.
We'll work with your schedule.
443 Coleman AvenueElmira, NY 14903
- People Skills
- Animal Care / Handling
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- depends on your availability!