Respite Program Volunteer
1 person is interested
Do you like working with people who have a disability? Do you like to create meaningful relationships with others? Do you want to become a belonging animator and make a difference in the lives of others? If so, consider volunteering with us!
We are currently looking for volunteers to help at our Respite Program on the first Saturday of the month in Chalfont, PA. We also have an opportunity for volunteers on the third Saturday of the month in Souderton, PA.
- Interact with a wide variety of adults with intellectual disabilities at Respite Program events.
- Reports to the Coordinator regarding events and the Mission Engagement Coordinator in relation to training, logging in hours, and contact information changes.
- Interact positively with other volunteers and participants, maintain positive relationships with host churches, and act as an advocate for belonging in the community.
- Engage participants with intellectual disabilities in a positive manner and provide supports to enable them to interact socially with one another.
- Assist Peaceful Living staff - helping with set-up/clean-up, hosting activities, serving food, and similar functions as requested.
- Ensure the health and safety of participants, in accordance with trainings provided by Peaceful Living.
- Utilize the TimeCounts system to schedule and track volunteer activities.
- Attend required volunteer trainings annually and participate in optional Peaceful Living trainings to expand working knowledge of best practices for engaging individuals with intellectual disabilities.
We'll work with your schedule.
Chalfont AreaChalfont, PA 18914
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3 Hours a month
- Must be over 18, pass background checks, and attend orientation.