Regional Board Members Wanted! Central MA Area
Easter Seals Massachusetts
JOB DESCRIPTION - Volunteer Regional Board Member, Central Massachusetts
The regional board of directors is a volunteer group of successful, socially conscious, and motivated professionals in the central Massachusetts area who are committed to supporting the mission of Easterseals Massachusetts. Easterseals MA provides exceptional programs and services to ensure that children and adults with disabilities have equal opportunities to live, learn, work and play.
- Understand the organization’s mission, services, policies, and programs, and inform others about Easterseals Massachusetts.
- Help to enhance Easterseals MA’s public profile and network within the central MA and business communities.
- Attendance and participation at regional board meetings- approximately every six weeks.
- Support the organization financially either through donations and/or through helping with fundraising activities.
- Creation/implementation of one professional networking event in central Massachusetts area.
- Serve on at least one event sub-committee and attendance to their weeknight meetings.
- Aide in making connections between the organization and your personal network to promote and grow Easterseals MA services in central Massachusetts.
- Actively recruit, orient, and train new board members.
Board Members Are:
- Willing to invest time for meeting schedules
- Interested in the priorities and mission of the organization
- Well-connected to area businesses or willing to "cold-call" businesses to achieve marketing and event sponsorship goals
- Willing and able to commit to a two-year board term
Desired Skills and Experience:
This position requires the following skills: Fundraising, Volunteer Coordination, Community Outreach, Solicitation, Marketing, Networking, and Relationship Building
About Easterseals Massachusetts
484 Main Street, 6th Floor, Worcester, MA 01608, US
easterseals' mission is to provide exceptional services to ensure that all people with disabilities or special needs and their families have equal opportunities to live, learn, work and play in their communities.
easterseals provides a variety of services to help people with autism and other disabilities address life's challenges and achieve personal goals.