Western Mass Regional Board Member - Multiple Openings
1 person is interested
Easter Seals Massachusetts
JOB DESCRIPTION - Volunteer Regional Board Member, Western Massachusetts
The regional board of directors is a volunteer group of successful, socially conscious, and motivated professionals in the western Massachusetts area who are committed to supporting the mission of Easter Seals Massachusetts. Easter Seals MA provides exceptional programs and services to ensure that children and adults with disabilities have equal opportunities to live, learn, work and play.
- Understand the organization’s mission, services, policies, and programs, and inform others about Easter Seals Massachusetts.
- Help to enhance Easter Seals MA’s public profile and network within the western MA and business communities.
- Attendance and participation at regional board meetings- approximately every six weeks.
- Support the organization financially either through donations and/or through helping with fundraising activities.
- Creation/implementation of one professional networking event in western Massachusetts area.
- Serve on at least one event sub-committee and attendance to their weeknight meetings.
- Aide in making connections between the organization and your personal network to promote and grow Easter Seals MA services in western Massachusetts.
- Actively recruit, orient, and train new board members.
Board Members Are:
- Willing to invest time for meeting schedules
- Interested in the priorities and mission of the organization
- Well-connected to area businesses or willing to "cold-call" businesses to achieve marketing and event sponsorship goals
- Willing and able to commit to a two-year board term
Desired Skills and Experience:
This position requires the following skills: Fundraising, Volunteer Coordination, Community Outreach, Solicitation, Marketing, Networking, and Relationship Building
We'll work with your schedule.
227 Berkshire AveLOCATION MAY VARYSpringfield, MA 01109
- Resource Development / Management
- Strategic Planning
- Event Planning / Management
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Community Outreach