The Austin Public Library is seeking individuals to serve as facilitators for the Talk Time program.
We are looking to fill the following openings:
Old Quarry Branch | 7051 Village Center Drive:
- Thursdays 10am-12pm | 1 volunteer needed weekly for a 2 hour shift
- Patience and a willingness to listen
- Comfortable leading small groups in conversation
- Sensitivity to potential differences in cultures
- Mastery of the English language
- Ability to promote communication among groups
- Be 18 years or older
- Commit to attending weekly sessions for the duration of the program (6 months)
All volunteers will need to complete the Austin Public Library's volunteer process (including application and criminal background investigation) and orientation. For more information, contact Volunteer Services at APL.Volunteers@austintexas.gov or check out other volunteer opportunities at library.austintexas.gov/volunteer/opportunities.
- Adult Education
- Public Speaking
- People Skills
- Cross-cultural Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Once a week during program season (5 months)
- Boost Sustainability in Austin!...
- Coach Kids in a Computer Lab!
- Love kids? Love the New Central...
- Help the Community Access...
- Help someone improve their...
- Like kids? Help out your local...
- Help the Austin Public Library...
- Want to teach and play Minecraft...
- Share Your Love for the Library!...
- Love the New Central Library?...
- Help Preserve Austin's History!