8 people are interested
URGENT!! CALLING UPON NURSES!! Blood Drive Nurse NEEDED! IMPACT YOUR COMMUNITY!!
8 people are interested
Save Blood Drives, Save Lives
Put your license, professional background, and skills to lifesaving practice. Be a part of our R.N. Program today!
Please join us on our mission to reduce canceled blood drives and missed blood donation opportunities by being an American Red Cross Volunteer Registered Nurse.
Did you know? It is required to have a Registered Nurse on-site at Blood Drives in California? In order to ensure consistent blood collection operations, we would like to have a group of volunteer registered nurses with an active license in the State of California to be available, if needed, to be present at the blood drive in the event that one of our staff nurses call out. The Volunteer RN would not perform any assessable, regulated tasks.
- Serve as licensed professional at blood drives
* Oversight of donor eligibility and donor reactions
* Observe donors post-donation
* Encourage donors to use RapidPass
* Educate donors on best donation type for their blood type
* Build relationships/recruit volunteers
Two 7-hour shift per month.
- Active California RN license
* Orientation and training5 total days in a 4-week span
* Flexible scheduling for drives whether on-call or advanced scheduling
* 2 drives or more a month, for 6+ months commitment
* Note: Cannot split up the training, miss a training day, come in late or leave early from training
2 Virtually & 3 full days' classroom training in Pomona (Orientation and RN of Record Training)
Length of Appointment:
6 months minimum.
RN of Record Scheduler, RN of Record Coordinator/Supervisor (positions to be developed)Training: We provide all the training!
"WE ARE LOOKING FOR LOCAL HEROES TO POSITIVELY IMPACT YOUR COMMUNITY"
Sign-up to volunteer today! Please email questions to Juana Zapata, the Sr. Volunteer Recruiter Specialist, at Juana.Zapata@redcross.org or (951) 205-6689.
About American Red Cross - San Bernardino HIGH DESERT County Chapter
10600 N. Trademark Parkway, Suite 406, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
17199 Yuma St. Suite 2Victorville, CA 92395
October 5, 2021
- Office Reception
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Customer Service
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Two 7-hour shifts per month, 6 months minimum
- Active RN License, Blood Drive Nurse Training provided. It's your time we need to save a life!