Is there a purr in your future?
25 people are interested
Do you love animals? Would you like to spend time with animals as they heal from owner loss? Become an animal care provider in our facility for Hospice Pet Advocates, and know the joys of helping pets find love again!
Hospice Pet Advocates is a non-profit organization founded by health care providers to assist patients facing terminal conditions to pre--plan for and rehome their beloved pets. In some instances, pets are abandoned by sudden death or cannot be cared for due to an unforeseen medical event, requiring immediate rescue intervention. We have animals going through transitions that need a short time in good care to heal from owner loss, or when an owner gets caught up with care needs from unintentional neglect. Once this necessary healing occurs, HPA works with other community placement organizations to get them into the adoption system to find new forever homes.
- Would you like to spend an hour a week with a needy animal?
- Feed, socialize and love these grieving pets
- Feel good about helping an animal learn to trust again and be readied for its next home.
About HOSPICE PET ADVOCATES
PO BOX 50306, EUGENE, OR 97405, US
Hospice Pet Advocates provides pre-planning assistance, education, emergency services and advocacy for pet owners facing a terminal or life-limiting illness.
HPA was co-founded by a medical social worker and a hospice nurse when they saw a need first-hand.
HPA work with patients, their families and health care professionals to provide pet-related services to those facing end of life, transitions in care or permanent debilitation.
- Raising awareness about the importance and necessity of pre-planning for pets.
- Educational programming for patients and care providers about pet issues.
- Pre-planning counseling, networking and direct assistance
- Emergency rescue services
- Placement with a partner adoption agency.
We'll work with your schedule.
The Eugene-Springfield areaEugene, OR 97405
- Animal Care / Handling
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- 1-2 hours weekly