AmeriCorps Positions Available! (Roanoke, VA & Covington, VA)
The Advancement Foundation (TAF) is recruiting motivated individuals to engage in direct service and capacity-building to address critical community needs. TAF is an AmeriCorps State intermediary and is enrolling AmeriCorps members to serve full-time for 8 - 10 months.
The goal is for the Foundation to become more of a catalyst for change in turning around negative trends-such as job losses, declining population, and declining school enrollment- that are becoming visible in the rural community.
November 15 TH - August 31 st (Opportunity to start January 1 st, 2019)
Stipend: $10,000 ($1 100 - $1,250/month)
Ed Award: $ 4,266.50
Schedule: 37.5 hours/week
Covington, VA - The Alleghany Foundation
An AmeriCorps placed with The Alleghany Foundation would
- Assist in implementing parts of the VISION 2025 initiative - a community-based effort focused on economic development through increasing community engagement and building a network of volunteers.
- The goals of this position are to improve the condition of destination gardens on public land, to create educational opportunities about these gardens, to organize volunteers to help with this effort, and to engage community members with healthy eating activities and community gardens.
Roanoke, VA - REACH
Connect and engage individuals in positive service experiences where they discover and use skills to transform their neighborhoods into thriving communities by:
- Connecting and engaging neighbors, community groups, nonprofits, and businesses through service to their neighborhoods.
- Provide an environment where home repair skills can be learned and practiced
- Empower individuals to transform their live and communities. Lead groups through Escape from Poverty Room and engage individuals who would be interested in learning more about the work REACH does
- Help lead service groups (certain times of the year); This includes assisting in identifying service opportunities and engaging with groups to engage neighbors, community groups, nonprofits, and businesses through service to their neighborhoods
Please respond with your resume!
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
Variousroanoke, VA 24001
- Program Management
- Business Development
- Professional Development
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1200 Hours