In Need of a Budget Mentor/Financial Adviser for Homeless Families
4 people are interested
Through our Transitional Housing Program, Community Lodgings works intensively with homeless families to help them reach self-sufficiency. As part of the road to independence, we require adults in our Transitional Housing Program to work with expert Budget Mentors recruited from local banks. Meetings are scheduled based on availability of families and volunteers.
* Help clients attain financial stability
* Teach basic skills needed to maintain healthy financial status
* Assist clients in understanding their credit reports
* Establish a concrete plan for debt repayment and monthly savings
* Work with client to create a monthly budget using receipts and bills
Reports to: Transitional Housing Case Manager
* Time Commitment: 2 hours/month
* Length of Term: Mentor meets with client at least once a month for a minimum of six months.
* Dress Code: Business casual
Qualifications: Background in personal finance
Training: The Transitional Housing Case Manager will interview the budget mentor and discuss responsibilities of position. The Case Manager may pair a new budget mentor with a more experienced budget mentor for a session to learn more about the role.
If interested please visit our website and fill out a volunteer application.
We'll work with your schedule.
3912 Elbert Avenue #108Alexandria, VA 22305
- Financial Planning
- Adult Education
- Financial Literacy
- Background Check
- Must be at least 22
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours a month
- Volunteer application