SEARCH Program Mentor
5 people are interested
A fantastic opportunity for a volunteer with nursing, clinical healthcare, or teaching experience! Help to shape the experiences and careers of the next generation of healthcare providers!
The purpose of this assignment is to assist with the SEARCH Program as a mentor and trainer for the "Students Exploring And Researching Careers in Healthcare." The volunteer mentor will help to strengthen the program and provide valuable guidance for the student volunteers.
The duties include:
- Co-leading the initial training session in the Simulation Lab and training on the nursing units.
- Performing regular check-in's with the student volunteers (approximately every 3 weeks).
- Attending educational events throughout the semester (approximately once/month) and act as a participant as needed.
- Leading Q&A / group discussions with students.
- Attending the student volunteers' final graduation celebration at the end of the semester.
- Prior nursing/clinical background or has completed at least 1 semester of volunteering on a nursing unit
- Passion for working with students (high school and college)
- Flexible schedule:
Event dates will be scheduled at the beginning of each semester and check-in's will be conducted at different times to meet each student on their unit.
- Strong people and communication skills
- Positive and caring attitude
- Ability to professionally and tactfully interact with patients and families in stressful situations in a non-judgmental and empathetic manner
- Proven organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Computer skills - communicating with students via email or text possible
- Presentation skills for training sessions
- Combination of sitting/standing/walking/bending
- Minimal lifting and pushing
Please visit our website for more information about our program and a link to the application:
We hope to hear from you soon!
We'll work with your schedule.
450 W. Highway 22Barrington, IL 60010
- Teaching / Instruction
- Patient Care
- General Education
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 80 hours minimum