Secretary and Board Member
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
1 person is interested
The Secretary is responsible for ensuring organizational effectiveness by providing administrative support to allow the organization to execute its vision and programming. A key success factor for this position is the ability to be self-directed, highly motivated and hands-on across a wide area of responsibilities. The Secretary is expected to help to improve the operational systems, processes and policies in support of the organizations mission - specifically, support better information flow, business process and organizational planning. Please complete the Application Form and send Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This ideal candidate is someone with diverse experience, great capacity and desire for taking on new responsibilities and challenges as the organization grows.
- Prepare the agenda with the President and distribute it at all meetings.
- Record minutes during board meetings and create task lists based on those notes.
- Coordinates all board meetings, notify members of meetings and take attendance at all meetings.
- Maintain the annual calendar of activities.
- Manage and delegate a running list of action items as well as work closely with Board members.
- Handle official correspondence of the organization.
- Coordinate Board elections and supervise annual Board reviews and assessments.
- Maintain all of the organizations records, inventory and storage of supplies.
- Serve as primary liaison to sponsors and partners in the community.
- Upload all documents to Google Drive and maintain organization of folders on a real time basis.
- Administrator for Google Drive and Slack.
- Perform any other tasks as directed by the President.
- Adhere to all MWOSFL Vision, Mission, Bylaws and Board Member Policies & Procedures.
- Minimum of 2 years working in a professional environment.
- Proficient in using Microsoft (Excel, Word) and Google Drive.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English (written and verbal).
- Strong attention to detail and a drive for excellence in all work products.
- Ability to self-manage time, priorities, and responsibilities in order to meet MWOSFL deadlines.
- Ability to respond timely to emails and deadlines.
- One year experience working with the South Florida Muslim community at an organization level (e.g. Masjid, Islamic non-profit, or Islamic school representative).
- One year experience working on community service projects in South Florida.
- Candidate must not currently serve on more than one other Islamic Organization’s Board.
- Must be able to dedicate 20 hours per month for MWOSFL activities and meetings, including attendance at monthly 2 hour (in person) board meetings, at minimum. Some weekend and evening attendance will be required throughout the year. This position is a 3 year term.
- Must provide Resume and 3 References (no family or relatives).
- Must be interviewed by the Election Committee.
- Project management skills, is highly preferable.
- Ability to multi-task and to manage and delegate tasks to members and volunteers.
- Ability to document procedures and workflow and to follow them.
- A team player and flexible to changes within the organization.
We'll work with your schedule.
16401 SW 30th StMiramarMiramar, FL 33027
- Data Entry
- Office Management
- Program Management
- Administrative Support
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 20 hours per week