Treasurer and Board Member
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
The Treasurer is responsible for the accounting functions of the organization which is continually growing and maturing. A key success factor for this position is the ability to be self-directed, highly motivated and hands-on across a wide area of responsibilities. The Treasurer is expected to take ownership of recurring accounting functions as well managing the donor database, and to drive process improvements within the finance department. Please complete the Application Form and send Resume to email@example.com.
This ideal candidate is someone with diverse experience, great capacity and desire for taking on new responsibilities and challenges as the organization grows.
- Keep all financial records of the organization.
- Partner with the President to develop growth strategy for an increase in revenues.
- Responsible for creating detailed budgets to achieve growth in revenues and reducing expenses.
- Analyze financial performance and present financial reports and growth strategy to the Board.
- Along with the President, serve as the primary signatory on the bank account.
- Prepare journal entries for various expenses and accruals (monthly).
- Prepare the Bank reconciliation (monthly) and financial statements (monthly).
- Maintain appropriate support for the bank reconciliation and disbursements (monthly)
- Pay the organization bills (monthly) and collect membership dues and fundraising revenues.
- Upload all documents, receipts, bank statements and financials to Google Drive (monthly.)
- Manage the donor database and send out yearend tax receipts to donors (annual).
- Prepare and file annual tax return.
- Resident or US Citizen and no criminal record.
- Perform any other tasks as directed by the President.
- Adhere to all MWOSFL Vision, Mission, Bylaws and Board Member Policies & Procedures.
- Minimum 2 years professional experience in accounting/ general ledger activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting; CPA preferred.
- Proficient in using Microsoft (Excel, Word) and Google Drive.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English (written and verbal).
- Ability to self-manage time, priorities, and responsibilities in order to meet MWOSFL deadlines.
- Must be able to respond timely to emails and deadlines.
- One year experience working with the South Florida Muslim community at an organization level (e.g. Masjid, Islamic non-profit, or Islamic school representative).
- One year experience working on community service projects in South Florida.
- Candidate must not currently serve on more than one other Islamic Organization’s Board.
- Must be able to dedicate 20 hours per month for MWOSFL activities and meetings, including attendance at monthly 2 hour (in person) board meetings, at minimum. Some weekend and evening attendance will be required throughout the year. This position is a 3 year term.
- Must provide Resume and 3 References (no family or relatives).
- Must be interviewed by the Election Committee.
- Project management skills, is highly preferable.
- Ability to multi-task and to manage and delegate tasks to members and volunteers.
- Ability to document procedures and workflow and to follow them.
- A team player and flexible to changes within the organization.
We'll work with your schedule.
16401 SW 30th StMiramarMiramar, FL 33027
- Program Management
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 20 hours per month