Bilingual Front Desk Volunteer
7 people are interested
The Women’s Building (TWB) is a multi-cultural, multi-service center for women and girls in San Francisco’s Mission District, which welcomes people of all genders.
The Community Resource Room (CRR) provides assistance to hundreds of visitors each year who call or come to The Women’s Building seeking information and referrals to address a need in their life. Our free, bilingual (English/Spanish) services provide critical access to resources for employment, housing, health care, legal services, and more. We offer information and referrals, access to technology, job search assistance, legal aid, free tax preparation, an immigrant food pantry.
The following openings/hours are needed:Monday 1-5 pm and Thursday 1-5 pm
* Facilitate day-to-day CRR operations on selected days
* Provide support to all program coordinators and volunteers
* Maintain the Community Resource Room as a welcoming place to people of diverse backgrounds
* Assist CRR visitors in Spanish and English both for Information & Referrals and in computer lab
* Check and respond to CRR email and phone calls and forward messages to appropriate staff
* Participate on the advocacy efforts of the organization, in particular the issue of displacement in the our immediate neighborhood and unaccompanied minor children
* Punctuality and Reliability
* Attention to accuracy and detail
* Reading and Organizational Skills
* Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
* Technologically proficient; Excel, Google, PPT, Facebook
* Ability to speak, read, and write in Spanish
* Cultural competence in working with diverse populations, including communities of color, immigrants, LGBT communities, and persons of various ages, socioeconomic backgrounds, health status, and abilities.
Apply: Please email cover letter, resume, and availability with FRONT DESK VOLUNTEER as the subject line. Feel free to contact us if you have questions.
Contact: Kristen Acosta Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
About The Women's Building
3543 - 18th St., #8, San Francisco, CA 94110, US
In 1979, The Women's Building made history by becoming the first women-owned community center in the nation. Twenty-one years later we're pleased to unveil the results of a two-year, $6 million renovation and seismic improvement project. Now offering several child care services, expanded programs, and additional space for community organizations and events, The Women's Building is thriving like never before. Our world-renowned mural has also been expanded, with the original Maestrapeace artists adding vibrant new art.
a Women's resource center -- see above in Mission Statement
3543 - 18th St., #8Between Guerrero and ValenciaSan Francisco, CA 94110
- Office Reception
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- minimum 3 months
- Must speak Spanish