Help a visually-impaired neighbor near Milton, MA - car required
Do you live in or around Milton, MA? Are you interested in making a difference in the life of a blind adult in your neighborhood?
As a part of MABVI’s Volunteers for Vision program, you’ll assist a blind individual with light clerical tasks and reading mail, running errands and possibly some light fitness activities (walking around the neighborhood etc.)
Please note that this opportunity is located in/around nearby Quincy, MA but we have other opportunities in Milton as well.
A car is necessary for this opportunity.
Why Volunteer with MABVI?
- 90% of our current volunteers feel they are doing significant work
- 98% of our volunteers say volunteering with us gives them a sense of accomplishment
- 99% would recommend the volunteer program to their family and friends
What will you gain from the role?
- A chance to make a difference
- Experience working with people with sight loss
- A sense of achievement
- A new friend
What skills and experience are needed?
- An easy-to-understand voice
- Good communication skills
- The ability to treat information confidentially
- Patience and a good sense of humor!
We'll work with your schedule.
Opportunities throughout MAQuincy, MA 02122
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Administrative Support
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-3 hours a week or biweekly; we're flexible!