Bilingual Services Specialist
1 person is interested
Open a world of opportunity to ALL of the members of our community! We strive to be a resource for everyone, but we need your help to ensure we are serving those for whom English is not a native language. Help the library reach out to Spanish-speaking residents in the Gibsonville area by providing needed translation services and outreach.
As a Bilingual Services Specialist you will:
- Work with library staff to plan, promote, and partake in events and services that speak to the needs of our Spanish-speaking residents.
- Provide translations of various library communications
- Explore and share the needs of Spanish-speaking residents with library staff
- Help to make the library more accessible to Spanish-speaking residents through special projects and your own great ideas!
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Patience and good communication skills. Ability to work with diverse community members
- Friendly, courteous and enthusiastic attitude.
- Occasional evening and/or weekend availability, in order to offer events/services around work and school schedules
- Reliability. Library staff will depend on you to help us better reach and serve our community.
- Training provided on the current services provided by the library, and the goals of the library, so that they can be effectively communicated with residents
- Additional library staff help/consultations as needed
- Time Commitment: 3 - 6 hours per month
- Length of Commitment: Minimum of 6 months requested
- Opportunity to share your language skills with others. Help bridge the language barrier and make library services more inclusive.
- Hone your communication, networking, and marketing skills.
- Develop relationships with community members and library staff.
We'll work with your schedule.
506 Church StGibsonville Public LibraryGibsonville, NC 27249
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- 3 - 6 hours per month, minimum 6 months requested