21 people are interested
Director of Marketing + Communications
21 people are interested
We are looking for industry experts who want to give back to their community in an executive capacity by volunteering to be among the first Board Members of The Social Justice + Engineering Initiative. You should be motivated and willing to commit 5+ hours per week for at least three years to this new non-profit.
By joining our select group of diverse, skilled, and committed board members you will help us continue to lay the foundation of SJEI and work to champion social and environmental justice, through our mission by bridging resources with innovation to engineer solutions that target the meaningful involvement of people for the common good.
The Director of Marketing + Communications implements, monitors, and evaluates marketing communications strategy, including advertising, fundraising promotions, and public relations to support the marketing objectives and maximize the positive exposure in local, national and global markets. Budgets and allocates resources for communication programs that align with market research findings.
Work with our volunteer graphic designers, social media content creators, digital content creators, bloggers and writers to develop and implement the vision of the CEO and the Board of Directors as it relates to the mission of SJEI.
The Director of Marketing + Communications is a Board member with voting rights and collaborates with the Board of Directors and non-voting Board members. The Director of Marketing + Communications will also participate in SJEI's Initiative of 100% Board Giving and other Board member fundraising expectations and strategic planning initiatives. SJEI Board members are champions of SJEI.
· Three (3) year commitment
· At least five (5) hours per week
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising or similar field.
Experience developing digital and print content. Experience with social media platforms such as Hootsuite, Twitter, Instagram, as well as blogging.
A proven background of at least five (5) years in a similar volunteer or professional role.
Commitment to Ethical Standards - serve as faithful agents of the organization. Avoid deceptive acts. Conduct themselves honorably, responsibly, ethically, and lawfully.
ROLE SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
Achieving Results - sets clear, well-defined desired outcomes for work activity and tracks progress; demonstrates a strong sense of urgency and persistence about accomplishing them
Communication - demonstrates the ability to convey thoughts, ideas, and concepts clearly in writing and orally
Independence/Initiative - evaluates, selects, and acts on various methods and strategies to meet goals and objectives, even if objectives aren’t clearly defined
Planning - establishes plans that break complex projects into their component parts, each with its own timeline; organizes work into processes.
Board Member General Responsibilities may include some of the following in addition to specific role:
- The board evaluates itself and the organization, ensures financial and program accountability and transparency, includes ---reviews effectiveness of programs; mandates needs assessment of constituency every few years, sets meeting agendas, creates necessary committees, keeps minutes, and recruits effective members.
- Creates the mission and vision, sets goals and objectives, develops a strategic plan and fashions organizational procedures)
Oversee use of resources
- Ensures sufficient funds are raised (includes marketing and public relations) and spent appropriately.
- Conflicts, insurance, file required papers and act as a trustee/fiduciary; creates and abides by the bylaws.
Evolving Role of the Board Members
- Governance (oversight of operations, including financial accountability)
- Support (fundraising, public relations and providing individual expertise)
About The Social Justice + Engineering Initiative
2 North Central Avenue, Suite 1800, Phoenix, AZ 85004, US
Our organization seeks to research, develop, and implement engineering practices, designs, products, and methods that promote social and environmental justice and overall sustainability. Further, we strive to educate, advocate, plan and engineer the future development of our cities, towns, neighborhoods, farms - our planet.
The Social Justice + Engineering Initiative is a conscious engineering, social justice, and environmental justice organization that seeks to implement sustainable engineering practices, designs, and developments that adhere to social and environmental justice.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 14, 2021
- Executive Admin
- Relationship Building
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Community Outreach
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 5+ hours per week. Last Wednesday evening of each month for our monthly board meetings.
- Social Media, Marketing, Non-Profits, Communications