5 people are interested
About Sustainable Silicon Valley (SSV):
Founded in 2000, Sustainable Silicon Valley is a nonprofit dedicated to addressing tough sustainability challenges. SSV brings together leading tech companies, cities, counties, and research and educational institutions to solve sustainability issues that cannot be solved alone.
SSV envisions a net positive Bay Area by 2050 where we produce more energy than we consume, sequester more carbon than we emit, and optimize water resources to ensure water resilience.
Our strategy is to facilitate measurable projects, education, events, and policies that deliver solutions by activating SSV’s member network to reach the net positive Bay Area goals. Membership with SSV is a great avenue to share knowledge and connect with leaders in the Silicon Valley
Type: Unpaid Volunteer Position
Time Commitment: Flexible, Telecommuting accepted
Reports to: Director of Operations
SSV is seeking a recruiter to expand our talent pipeline, and also explore new venues for recruitment for our dynamic volunteer workforce. This is a volunteer position which enables qualified candidates to gather experience in a pioneering non-profit organization.
Candidates are welcome to work remotely. We prefer that candidates have their own laptops and communication tools. In return for the volunteer hours, the benefits to the volunteer candidate may include: reference letter from the Operations Director, experience participating in various innovative projects, and current resume entry. Most importantly, you will be helping the organization work towards its vision of a sustainable region, a thriving economy, a healthy environment and socially equitable community.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Advertise volunteer positions on various public and University portals, as they open up
- Comply with standard procedures for Job Description creation, communication to
- relevant stakeholders on open positions and data upload
- Explore new recruitment venues and keep adding to existing database
- Ensure data on open positions is updated and available to relevant stakeholders
- Maintain Job Description database
- Apply strategic thinking to improve processes and systems
- Report weekly on open volunteer opportunities and progress being made on filling them.
- Must be a resident of the San Francisco Bay area and be able to perform some tasks in our Santa Clara office.
Qualities and Skills:
- Past experience as a recruiter in a corporate or non-profit HR department is a must
- Excellent writing and communication and collaboration skills in order to interact with individuals and groups
- Exercises initiative, used to taking on responsibility and producing consistent results
- Dependable, communicates clearly and collaborates in a team setting toward shared goals
- Familiar with Google Docs
- Familiarity with internet browsing, search and social networking websites
- Experience in working with PC or Mac
- Ability to produce results in a timely manner
- Knowledge of various websites and social networking platforms such as Linked-in and Facebook
- Experience working with Microsoft Office modules e.g. MS Word, MS PowerPoint and MS Excel
- At least Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, Psychology or Education areas
- Experience in Google Docs
Please send your resume to: email@example.com
We'll work with your schedule.
1793 Lafayette St. Suite 210Santa Clara, CA 95050
- Human Resources Strategy
- Human Resources Recruitment
- Human Resources Assistance
- Up to 10 hours a week