Fund Development to Support Computer Science Organization
5 people are interested
Bold Idea is a Dallas-based education non-profit organization that helps students ages 10 - 18 discover computer science and prepare for 21st century careers in technology and engineering.
We are seeking volunteers to join our fund development committee, which helps to develop and implement strategies to bring revenue into the organization.
Term: At least 3 - 4 months
Time commitment: About 8 hours monthly; we’re flexible with your time availability
Location: Remote; occasional in-person meetings and events
Committee members might be involved in any of the following:
- Grant writing and/or research
- Event planning
- End-of-year campaign
- Writing donation requests, cash and in-kind
- Corporate outreach
Committee members should have:
- Good communication skills
- Good writing skills
- Detail oriented
- Understanding of the Bold Idea mission and program goals
Connection with other volunteers through Bold Idea’s Slack channel and monthly in-person committee meetings
Benefits of volunteering:
- Grow skillset in fund development, sales, writing and communications to support career goals
- Network with professionals in the technology industry
- Support access and interest in computer science for Dallas area students
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
2904 Floyd StreetDallas, TX 75204
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Business Development
- Around 8 hours a month