Level 2 Clinic Assistant
Tree House Humane Society
Purpose of Position:
Level 2 Clinic Assistants perform Level 1 Clinic Assistant duties as well as basic handling and medicating cats, and assisting veterinary staff. With volunteer support throughout the day, staff is able to focus on maintaining a stress-free work environment in order to provide optimal medical care to our cats.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Level 1 Clinic Assistant duties
- Administering medications and/or fluids
- Basic assistance with intake exams or exit exams
- Performing nail trimmings, ear cleaning or obtaining weights on resident cats
- Update locations of resident cats in database
- Assist with basic laboratory work
- Sterilization and wrapping of surgical tools
- Some advanced clinic tasks as needed
- Other duties as requested
- 18+ years old
- Veterinary clinical experience, or 100 volunteer hours (or 1 year) in Level 1 Clinic Assistant role plus manager approval
- Appropriate interpersonal skills for team activities
- Detail oriented
- Strong organizational skills
- Possess basic range of motion and energy to complete simple tasks such as sweeping, mopping, scooping litter boxes, lifting and carrying small items.
Training Volunteer Will Receive:
- Overview of department policies and procedures
- Medication and fluid administration
- Data entry
- Isolation ward and sanitation protocol
- Training and review of appropriate feline handling
How to Apply:
Contact the Volunteer Coordinator at Volunteer@TreeHouseAnimals.org.
About Tree House Humane Society
7225 N. Western Ave., Chicago, IL 60645, US
Tree House is a humane organization that promotes the inherent value of every animal and strives to educate the public about proper and responsible animal care, with a focus on the care and placement of stray cats with special physical and emotional needs. We are committed to finding every healthy and treatable animal a home.
Since its founding, Tree House has created innovative and progressive approaches to animal welfare that not only enhance the lives of companion animals in our community, but also bring a greater awareness of animal welfare issues to the general public.
Admission/Adoption: Tree House’s primary mission centers around the rescue, rehabilitation, and adoption of sick, injured, abused, and neglected cats. Since our founding in 1971, Tree House has rescued and adopted more than 25,000 cats.
Spay/Neuter Program: Tree House has sterilized more than 30,000 animals through public spay/neuter as well as our Community Cats/T-N-R (trap-neuter-return) program.