Office Support needed for Hospice Staff
Hospice is a program designed to provide palliative care and emotional support to the terminally ill and their loved ones so that quality of life is maintained. Our field staff provides excellent care to patients in residential facilities and private homes in Chittenden, Franklin, Grand Isle, Washington, and Lamoille counties - and they need support from the office in order to deliver the best possible care to our patients. Administrative volunteers are needed 2-4 hours each week. Tasks may include:
- Assembling hospice information packets
- Assisting with mailings
- Managing inventory of supplies
- Making check-in calls to patients and/or caregivers
- Maintaining records of volunteer activities
- Assisting with scheduling and hosting meetings and trainings
- General office tasks as assigned
Our application process includes an interview, background checks, and training plus volunteers receive ongoing support and recognition. Join our team today and be part of the magic of hospice.
About BAYADA Hospice
2517 Shelburne Road, Suite 1, Shelburne, VT 05482, US
BAYADA Hospice provides the highest quality end-of-life care so our patients can remain at home with comfort, grace, and dignity. With a variety of care and comfort services delivered through an interdisciplinary team of health care professionals and volunteers, the goal of hospice is to support a patient’s quality of life. Families coping with significant illness and end-of-life challenges need help and support while caring for a family member. Our goal at BAYADA is to provide the highest quality home health care services available. We believe our clients and their families deserve hospice care delivered with compassion, excellence, and reliability, our BAYADA core values.
BAYADA Hospice of Burlington, VT is looking for compassionate, caring individuals to provide companionship and support to our patients and their families.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Making friendly visits
- Light meal preparation
- Giving emotional support
- Playing games
- Providing a hand to hold and a warm heart
- Office administration
- Routine errands
- Journal writing
- Reading to a patient
- Light housekeeping
Why volunteer with BAYADA Hospice?
- Become involved in your community
- Make a difference in the lives of others
- Be part of a caring and compassionate team of hospice professionals
- Participate in free training and support
- Add to your professional development