Mobile Pantry - Coralville
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
2 people are interested
The Mobile Food Pantry program is one of our most flexible volunteer opportunities - we have openings for both ongoing and one-time volunteers. We also welcome small groups to volunteer as a team. We have a particular need for Spanish-speaking volunteers.
The Mobile Pantry visits Oxford and Coralville on the third Wednesday of each month. Volunteers are needed both to load the truck with food at our main location in Iowa City and to work on-site in Coralville and Oxford.
About the Mobile Food Pantry
The Mobile Food Pantry program provides monthly grocery assistance to residents of underserved or rural mobile home parks in Johnson County.
- 2nd Tuesday: Ecumenical Towers, 4:30-5:30 p.m.
- 2nd Wednesday: Breckenridge Estates, 4-6 p.m.
- 2nd Thursday: Forest View Mobile Court, 3:30-5:30 p.m.
- 3rd Tuesday: Cole’s Community, 3:30-5:30 p.m.
- 3rd Wednesday: Parkview Mobile Court, Oxford, 12-1 p.m.
- 3rd Wednesday: Western Hills, Coralville, 2:30-3:30 p.m.
- 3rd Thursday: Regency, 4:30-5:30 p.m.
- 3rd Friday: Capitol House Apartments, 2:30-4:30 p.m.
Sign up for a shift on SignUpGenius. No training required: https://www.jccrisiscenter.org/mobile-food-pantry-2
Volunteers are needed for a variety of duties supporting the Mobile Food Pantry, including:
- Pulling items from the Food Bank warehouse, loading them into vehicles, and unloading on-site
- Checking in and signing up clients
- Helping people shop and check out
- Taking down tables and returning items to the Food Bank
Please email Mobile Pantry Coordinator Jennifer De La Cruz with any questions at email@example.com.
We'll work with your schedule.
3701 2nd StCoralville, IA 52241
- People 55+
- Must be at least 16
- One-time commitment shifts, about 2 hours each
- Sign up for a shift on SignUpGenius. No training required: https://www.jccrisiscenter.org/mobile-foo