Military Veteran Hospice Volunteer
8 people are interested
The mission of Caring Hospice Services is to coordinate patient and services while respecting their choices, values and beliefs. Veteran volunteers are needed who also have military experience to provide camaraderie and companionship to our patients, and their families, who have served our country through military service.
Caring Hospice of Connecticut has patients throughout Western Connecticut who are in need of friendly visits from individuals willing to give few hours a month. Out patients reside in private homes, skilled nursing and assisted living facilities throughout Fairfield County.
Veteran Volunteers are crucial in fulfilling the hospice mission, in a wide variety of ways:
- Assist Veteran patients in reminiscing/telling life stories.
- Educate and assist patients with receiving Veteran benefits.
- Take part in pinning ceremonies, distribute certificates of appreciation for Veteran service and observed holidays.
- Assist in replacing lost medals or other recognition ribbons.
Individualized training is provided free of charge without the need to travel to our Stamford office. In keeping Medicare requirements, background and medical checks are part of the training.
We'll work with your schedule.
456 Glenbrook RoadStamford, CT 06906
- Veteran Care
- Hospice Care
- Elder care
- Patient Care
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- We request a minimum of three to four hours per month for patient visits.
- A kind heart and empathetic ear.