14 people are interested
Spread Holiday Cheer by Volunteering in our Holiday Gift Program
14 people are interested
For some families and seniors in our community, the holidays are a difficult time emotionally and financially. The Holiday Gift Program provides an opportunity for children and seniors to receive gifts during the holidays by matching families with sponsors. Holiday Gift Program volunteers support clients as they sign up for assistance, organize donations and carry donations to clients’ vehicles.
Key Activities -
○ Assist clients with using technology to complete Holiday Program Wish List from home
○ Call to schedule donors and clients for pickup, drop off or delivery
○ Greet donors and recipients when they arrive at the building to drop off or pick up packages at their scheduled times
○ Assist with storing and retrieving packages as a "Runner"
○ Complete an application at https://www.neighborsmn.org/volunteer-portal/
○ Treat everyone with respect, kindness, and without judgement
○ A professional and welcoming attitude
○ Spanish language skills helpful, but not necessary
○ Make an impact in your community with a team of dedicated volunteers and staff
○ Use current skills and gain new ones; training and ongoing support provided
○ Each year, volunteers ensure that more than 1600 children and 100 seniors receive toys, clothes and other donations to help them celebrate the holidays
Time and locations of service vary. We do have a limited amount of at home opportunities as well as several in person ways to serve between late September and December 17th. Most opportunities take place between 9:00 - 4:00 pm Monday - Friday.
- morning / 08:30 AM to 11:30 AM
- afternoon / 12:30 PM to 03:30 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Neighbors, Inc.
222 Grand Avenue West, South St. Paul, MN 55075, US
Providing opportunities for our neighbors to thrive by connecting volunteers to people in need.
Since 1972, Neighbors, Inc. has ensured that all people in the northern Dakota County live hopeful, independent and self-sufficient lives. Volunteers serve their neighbors in need through programs such as a food shelf, Clothes Closet thrift store, holiday assistance, and much more. At Neighbors, all donations and volunteer service directly supports the local community.
222 Grand Avenue WestSouth Saint Paul, MN 55075
September 29, 2021
- Child Welfare
- Elder care
- People Skills
- Professional Development
- Customer Service
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteers can commit to a regular ongoing schedule or pick and choose times that works well for them.