43 people are interested
Graphic Designer Intern/Volunteer
43 people are interested
The Graphic Design is responsible for assisting with the creation of designs for CCWF based off of the creative brief, the information provided by the CCWF Staff, and any other available research/information. The Graphic Design will work closely with the Executive Director and the Development Coordinator in a structured environment that will enable them to contribute most effectively to internal projects. The Graphic Design Intern is expected to take direction well, be a team player, and contribute actively to their role at CCWF. Projects will include the creation of promotional, educational, and resource materials. This opportunity offers the applicant the opportunity to help create a finished product for Changing Children's Worlds programs. In the office, we utilize InDesign for Mac, but you would be welcome to use your own computer equipment and preferred software program.
This opportunity is perfect for graphic design students looking to add to your portfolio or anyone in the design field who would be willing to share their expertise.
- Assisting with the creation of hard and soft copy files;
- Assisting in the writing and editing of informational materials and reports;
- Assisting with mailings - mail merges, printing, and stuffing;
- Research competition and collect sample collateral
- Attend planning meetings for marketing and development;
- Assist with the creation of invitations for the Fundraiser;
- Assist to create contents to social media and marketing promotion;
- High School graduate, current college student, or college graduate who is self-motivated and directed.
- Able to dedicate at least 120 hours within a 3-4 month period;
- Available locally to come to CCWF office;
- Self-motivated with a great attitude;
- Punctual and accurate communicator, responsive to e-mail, telephone calls and direct communication from staff;
- Excellent communication skills; team member, able to take direction well and contribute positively to overall work;
- Quick learner who is eager to grow;
- Spanish language is not required but would be an asset.
- Candidate needs to be available to come to the CCWF office in Geneva, Illinois (we could discuss a few hours at home). Office is open from Mon-Fri, 9am - 5pm.
- Must have previous experience in graphic design;
- Proficiency in Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, After Effects, Flash, or alternative programs.
- Some photography skills a plus;
- Experience with fundraising events a plus.
- The internship can be used to credits earned for an academic internship, dependent upon the institution’s approval;
- This is an unpaid position, but a small stipend may be provided at the end of the internship based on the student’s approved travel expenses.
About Changing Children's Worlds Foundation
411 Steven St., Geneva, IL 60134, US
CCWF's vision is for every child and adolescent to have a strong network of caregivers engaged in supporting their positive development in nonviolent families and peaceful communities.
CCWF strives to improve children's worlds through awareness raising, education, and training throughout communities worldwide. Through our educational programs we address a universal need for all families to understand their child's needs and to give caregivers the confidence that they can support their child's development. We provide the foundation for participants in our program to give their children more positive life opportunities and experiences than they themselves had. CCWF strives to reduce the incidences of violence, maltreatment, and neglect through strengthening the capacity of parents, caregivers, and communities to care for children's health and emotional well-being.
411 Steven StGeneva, IL 60134
September 29, 2021
- Graphic Design
- People 55+