Cook Community Meals for International Travelers at HI Madison
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
17 people are interested
HI Madison is looking for a few volunteers to help lead community meals at the hostel on Thursday evenings. This is a great opportunity to meet people from all over the world and share your favorite sites in Madison with travelers.
Preparing food/setting up
Interacting with guests, facilitating conversations among guests to encourage intercultural exchange
Sharing your recommendations in Houston
The benefits of volunteering with HI USA include:
- Meet new people from all over the world, including travelers, staff, and fellow volunteers
- Work to increase understanding and tolerance by helping people break down cultural barriers
- Help travelers to the community have a great travel experience
- Build skills in public speaking, foreign languages and intercultural communication
- Participate in fun appreciation events for local volunteers
- Receive personal and professional development opportunities
- Earn HI USA membership and dorm overnights at HI USA hostels
About Hostelling International-Madison
141 S. Butler St., Madison, WI 53703, US
"To Help All, Especially The Young, Gain A Greater Understanding Of The World And Its People Through Hostelling"
Hostelling International USA (HI-USA) is part of the International Youth Hostel Federation(IYHF), the largest network of budget accommodations world wide with over 4,000 hostels in more than 60 countries. HI-USA is a registered 501(c3) non-profit organization whose mission is "to help all, especially the young, gain a greater understanding of the world and its people through hostelling." Local volunteers are an essential part of this mission and we are excited to have you on board.
We'll work with your schedule.
Hostelling International-Madison141 S Butler StreetMadison, WI 53703
- People Skills
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Group Facilitation
- Cooking / Catering
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training