We are looking for people to join us in one of our four advisory committees:
1) Promotion: You would plan events that draw people to downtown, develop communications strategies, design promotional materials for websites and tourist hubs, and more! Graphic designers, event planners, marketing specialists, public communicators, and more are welcome.
2) Design: You will influence how people feel once they are here by supporting the the built environment of downtown. This team has three really exciting projects right now: 1) A fun artist-business partnership to develop artistic business signs (we have raised $150k for it!), 2) Property improvement projects, 3) Enhancement & beautification project connecting restaurant row to the Farmers Market parking lot.
3) Economic: You will support business growth, expansion, and recruitment in our historic downtown core. We offer networking opportunities for downtown businesses and are going to be providing trainings so that businesses can stay and thrive here. This team also works through parking opportunities and plans some events.
4) Organization: You support the health of the BDA through fundraising, sponsor recruitment, writing policies and procedures, and encouraging quality leadership and long-term planning.
To apply, please visit our website and complete the quick and easy on-line application. https://www.downtownbeaverton.org/volunteer
The BDA's mission is to promote the preservation, history, culture, architecture, and public use of Beaverton's traditional downtown area.
We seek to enhance our community identity and foster a center of activity and economic vitality for the heart of Beaverton. We do this through four primary points of emphasis
1) Promotion: Planning events that draw people in to downtown and promoting how exciting Beaverton really is. We are not a suburb! 2) Design: Improving the design of our downtown community. 3) Economic Vitality: Supporting local business growth, expansion, and recruitment. 4) Organizational Health: Fundraising, developing partnerships, and supporting a strong organization through internal processes.