Food Delivery Volunteer
1 person is interested
RSVP Needs Food Delivery Volunteers for the ECHO Commodity Program. The Food Delivery Volunteer works once a month to deliver ECHO food packages to home bound individuals and/or to individuals who have no means of picking up their own commodities. Volunteers usually work in pairs. Volunteers must:
- Be available once a month to deliver food (Wednesday morning following third Tuesday);
- Be able to lift at least 25 pounds (food packages vary in weight each month);
- Be willing to walk, as some deliveries are to multiple residents in a housing complex and require some walking (dollies provided);
- Complete the City of Santa Fe Defensive Driver’s Course (if serving as the driver) so he/she can operate a city vehicle;
- Drivers must have a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance;
- (Desired quality): Be friendly, patient and professional with clients.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
1121 Alto StreetMary Esther Gonzales Senior CenterSanta Fe, NM 87501
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- 2-3 hours once per month
- Lift at least 25 pounds and be willing to walk short distances with food packages.