Personal Shopper Volunteer: Help Clothe Families in Need
6 people are interested
St. Anthony's Free Clothing Program (FCP) is San Francisco's largest free clothing program serving both individuals and families. FCP provides warm clothes, interview and employment apparel, and children's clothing to low-income families and individuals, including those who are homeless.
The Free Clothing Program serves approximately 150 guests a day in three services: Men's Service, Women's Service, and Family Service. It is our goal to distribute the highest quality of clothing possible to ensure that our guests have a positive and dignified shopping experience.
The Personal Shopper volunteer directly engages with guests, helping men, women, children, and families find the clothing they need. Volunteer utilizes interpersonal skills to communicate with guests and to assist them in finding the size and style of clothing and other items.
Duties & Tasks:
- Assist with the processing of donations per St. Anthony's guidelines and standards.
- Prepare clothing racks for display in our store.
- Communicate with guests to understand their needs and help find the clothing they are looking for.
- Retrieve clothing and other requested items from the back of house donations for our guests.
- Organize store by picking up fallen clothes, collecting empty hangers, and tidying up our shopping space.
- Ability to be professional, polite, and tactful with our guests and maintain appropriate boundaries.
- Ability to successfully volunteer with a diverse client population including people who are homeless and/or low-income, and people with physical and/or mental health disabilities.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, and oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent volunteer habits: professional, punctual, reliable, cooperative and team oriented.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Commitment to St. Anthony Foundation Statement of Values.
Note that this opportunity is for individual volunteers only. If you would like to organize a group volunteer event, please email GroupVolunteer@stanthonysf.org. Thanks!
We'll work with your schedule.
121 Golden Gate AvenueSan Francisco, CA 94102
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Customer Service
- People 55+
- Must be at least 15
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hr/week Monday-Saturday between 8 am and 4:30pm
- Must be 15 or older