Truck Ride-Along Volunteer: Help Clothe those in Need
3 people are interested
St. Anthony’s Free Clothing Program is San Francisco’s largest free clothing program. FCP provides warm clothes, interview and employment apparel, and children’s clothing to low-income families and individuals, including those who are homeless. The Free Clothing Program serves approximately 150 guests per day in our three services: Men’s Service, Women’s Service, and Family Service.
The Truck Ride-Along Volunteer will assist our driver in making runs to pick-up clothing donations which are vital to our program in providing guests with high quality clothing. Volunteer duties will include communicating with donors onsite during the pick-up process, as well as lifting and moving donations (up to 100 pounds). This volunteer is expected to follow all truck safety guidelines, although please note the Ride-Along volunteer may not drive St. Anthony’s trucks or vehicles at any time. Steel-toe boots will be provided while volunteering.
- Must be 18 or older
- Awareness of surroundings and potential safety hazards at all times
- Ability to lift and vary 50 to 100 pounds
- Ability to climb in and out of raised truck for the duration of the full shift (4 hours)
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to be a polite and respectful representative of St. Anthony's with donors
- Excellent volunteer habits: professional, punctual, reliable, cooperative and team oriented
- Adherence to guidelines explained in the Volunteer/Intern Handbook
- Commitment to St. Anthony Foundation's Statement of Values, and desire to serve people who are homeless and low-income
- Desire and/or experience engaging with diverse and low-income populations, many of whom have experienced homelessness, substance abuse and/or trauma.
If you are over 16 years of age, fill out a volunteer application on our website:
We will contact you after we review your application. This position will require a brief interview.
Please not that this opportunity is for individual volunteers only. If you would like to organize a group volunteer event, please email GroupVolunteer@stanthonysf.org.
We hope you will join us!
We'll work with your schedule.
121 Golden Gate AvenueSan Francisco, CA 94102
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of 3 hours per week for 3+ months
- Ability to lift and move 50 to 100 lbs