Money Minders - Cohen Community Center
Spectrum Generations Cohen Community Center and MidCoast Regional Center for Volunteers for our Money Minders program. Days and Times are flexible. Through Money Minders, volunteers are matched with older adults who need help managing their finances. Free training offered as needed.
- establishing and maintaining a monthly budget
- ensuring bills get paid accurately and on time
- help older adults avoid over drafting their bank accounts
- help older adults recognize financial fraud and scams
Our Muskie Community Center is in need of volunteers for the Money Minders program as well.
About Spectrum Generations
1 Weston Ct, PO Box 2589, Augusta, ME 04338, US
Promoting life-long learning, health, wellness, nutrition, community engagement and social well-being of all older and disabled adults.
Spectrum Generations spans four decades as a leading nonprofit provider of innovative solutions to the challenges of meals, care-giving, counseling, socialization, wellness, and life-long learning to seniors, maturing adults, and the disabled. Our mission is to secure positive outcomes through at-home and community-based services in rural, city, and small town settings for vulnerable aging and disabled populations.
- Offers a variety of assistance and services to seniors and disabled adults and their families ranging from a friendly helping hand to trained care including Meals on Wheels, Adult DayBreak, Family Caregiver Services, Money Management, and Bridges Personal Services and Care Management.
- Provides information about questions and concerns on a wide variety of issues that impact adults including Maine Care, Medicare, money-saving benefits programs as well as referral services and community presentations.
- Encourages the passions of aging and/or disabled adults and their families for lifelong learning through programs, classes, and workshops at our seven community centers.
- Provides opportunities and connections to participate in rewarding experiences such as social dining, travel, fitness and wellness programs, special events, and volunteer opportunities.