2 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: Vail Place
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
Help members find their way home! Housing Heroes help members experiencing housing difficulties access beneficial resources and navigate the complex work of housing. Use on-line and local tools to offer housing information such as applications, background/credit checks, and landlord relations.
This opportunity is great for people to respond to local issues of housing and mental health.
What you'll do:
- Help members search for housing options of all varieties, including market, public, and subsidized.
- Offer advice on applications, background checks, and communicating needs with landlords.
- Foster self-sufficiency in setting up members for success with a new home.
What you'll gain:
- Training/guidance from staff on mental health and housing-related issues.
- Hands-on experience working with adults in a diverse community setting
- Opportunity to empower others through sharing your skills and knowledge
- Comfortable with MS Word, internet browsing, and general computer use
- Ability to engage adults of diverse backgrounds and skill levels
- General knowledge of housing, including resources and best practices.
- Self-directed, patient, flexible, and dependable
- Commitment to helping adults improve their home searching skills.
- Teaching or tutoring experience with adult learners helpful but not required
About Vail Place
23 9th Avenue South, Hopkins, MN 55343, US
Cultivating hope and inspiring change to promote mental health recovery.
Vail Place is a non-profit organization based in Hennepin County with a 38 year history dedicated to cultivating hope and inspiring change to promote mental health recovery. Vail Place’s unique person-centered, recovery-oriented approach to services is based on the internationally acclaimed Clubhouse Model.
As a volunteer, you will be joining a community where staff and members work side-by-side to foster purpose through shared work, direction through employment, housing, and social recreation, and hope through reconnecting people with their communities.
Vail Place is currently going through an exciting time of growth and new opportunities. We are looking for people to join the club and work together in a professional-but informal-environment where they are supported and appreciated.
1412 West 36th StreetMINNEAPOLIS, MN 55408
June 1, 2022
- Basic Computer Skills
- Financial Literacy
- Real Estate & Leasing
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3 hours / month for a minimum of 6 months
- Interview and References Required