9/11 Memorial & Museum: Guided Tour Greeter Volunteers
9 people are interested
The 9/11 Memorial & Museum’s Interpretive Programs team plays a key role in our educational mission. Interpretive Guides lead artifact-based tours to visitors interested in learning about the World Trade Center, 9/11 and its aftermath, and the rebuilding of the site. As a Guided Tour Greeter Volunteer, you will contribute towards the smooth operation of the Guided Tours Program in the Museum and on the 9/11 Memorial Plaza.
This is a great opportunity to gain experience working with an Interpretive Programs team!
You will assist with the operation of guided tours in the Museum and on the outdoor Memorial. You will assist Interpretive Programs staff with the following responsibilities:
- Greet visitors at the Guided Tours area in the Museum and the outdoor Memorial Tour Cart
- Inform visitors about tour options and other educational programming available
- Assist with checking in visitors for their tour time
- Assist with distributing tour equipment
- Advise visitors on equipment use and troubleshoot technology as necessary
- Explain basic Guided Tour protocol
- Assist with conducting guided tour surveys
We'll work with your schedule.
9/11 Memorial Museum180 Greenwich StreetNew York, NY 10007
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Public Speaking
- Visual Arts
- General Education
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 3-hour shifts per week