9/11 Memorial & Museum: Guided Tour Greeter Volunteers
15 people are interested
The 9/11 Memorial & Museum’s Interpretive Programs team plays a key role in our educational mission. Interpretive Guides lead artifact-based tours to visitors interested in learning about the World Trade Center, 9/11 and its aftermath, and the rebuilding of the site. As a Guided Tour Greeter Volunteer, you will contribute towards the smooth operation of the Guided Tours Program in the Museum and on the 9/11 Memorial Plaza.
This is a great opportunity to gain experience working with an Interpretive Programs team in a museum setting!
You will assist with the operation of guided tours in the Museum and on the outdoor Memorial. You will assist Interpretive Programs staff with the following responsibilities:
- Greet visitors at the Guided Tours area in the Museum and the outdoor Memorial Tour Cart
- Inform visitors about tour options and other educational programming available
- Assist with checking in visitors for their tour time
- Assist with distributing tour equipment
- Advise visitors on equipment use and troubleshoot technology as necessary
- Explain basic Guided Tour protocol
- Assist with conducting guided tour surveys
We'll work with your schedule.
9/11 Memorial & Museum180 Greenwich StreetNew York, NY 10007
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 3-hour shifts per week, 11am-2pm