9/11 Memorial & Museum: Guided Tour Greeter Volunteers
43 people are interested
The 9/11 Memorial & Museum’s Interpretive Programs team plays a key role in our educational mission. Interpretive Guides lead artifact-based tours to visitors interested in learning about the World Trade Center, 9/11 and its aftermath, and the rebuilding of the site. As a Guided Tour Greeter Volunteer, you will contribute towards the smooth operation of the Guided Tours Program in the Museum and on the 9/11 Memorial.
You will assist with the operation of guided tours in the Museum and on the outdoor Memorial. You will assist Interpretive Programs staff with the following responsibilities:
- Greet visitors at the Guided Tours area in the Museum and the outdoor Memorial Tour Cart
- Inform visitors about tour options and other educational programming available
- Assist with checking in visitors for their tour time
- Assist with distributing tour equipment
- Advise visitors on equipment use and troubleshoot technology as necessary
- Explain basic Guided Tour protocol
- Assist with conducting guided tour surveys
About NATIONAL SEPTEMBER 11 MEMORIAL & MUSEUM
180 Greenwich Street, New York, NY 10007, US
Remember and honor the thousands of innocent men, women, and children murdered by terrorists in the horrific attacks of February 26, 1993 and September 11, 2001.
The 9/11 Memorial is located at the site of the former World Trade Center complex in lower Manhattan, and occupies approximately half of the 16-acre site. The 9/11 Memorial features two enormous waterfalls and reflecting pools, each about an acre in size, set within the footprints of the Twin Towers.
The National September 11 Memorial Museum is the country’s principal institution concerned with exploring the implications of the events of 9/11, documenting the impact of those events and exploring 9/11’s continuing significance. Located at the bedrock/foundation level of the Twin Towers, the Museum is a moving tribute to the events of September 11 th .
We'll work with your schedule.
9/11 Memorial & Museum180 Greenwich StreetNew York, NY 10007
- People Skills
- General Education
- Public Speaking
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- One 4-hour shift per week, 11am-3pm