Plan Fun Activities for AFS Exchange Students
We are looking for people who are willing to organize periodic social gatherings for AFS students hosted in central Illinois! We would also love volunteers willing to help organize and implement orientations for these high-school aged students.
Our students love getting together, but they need volunteer help to come up with activities to do, and sometimes help with transportation to and from the events! We would ask you to coordinate with other local and team volunteers to make a plan that fits into the team calendar. If you are a person who loves coordinating outings or would like an excuse to visit some of our interesting nearby fun spots, this is the role for you! Our total group size in this area is usually between 10-30 people, so there are many possible fun activities you could plan.
You will have team support as you create your event, and training as needed.
- Set goals and objectives for your AFS community
- Work within a budget
- Coordinate group communications
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities
- Promote events through publicity and outreach efforts
- Welcome event participants
- Evaluate the success of events
We'll work with your schedule.
Bloomington NormalBloomington, IL 61701
- Event Planning / Management
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible - perhaps 10 hours/event
- be a registered AFS volunteer