Project Vision Hawaii volunteer or internship opportunity!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
4 people are interested
Project Vision Hawaii is searching for motivated volunteers to help with projects that serve our local keiki, seniors, and those experiencing homelessness. Without our volunteers, our work and impact would not be possible! Please see below for the impact of Project Vision Hawaii and the HiEHiE project in our local community and ways you can get involved.
Project Vision Hawaii facilitates mobile and in-school vision screening services for keiki, seniors and those who are transitioning through homelessness. Our newest effort, the HiEHiE Project, brings free mobile showers and hygiene services to members of our community across the Hawaiian islands.
- Sign-up to volunteer! Please view our website and follow the "volunteer" link for either our Project Vision Hawaii or HiEHiE project events schedule via our Timecounts signup pages.
- Project Vision eye screening events: Get involved with the keiki during our vision screenings where we interact with children K-12 to conduct vision screenings and provide free prescription glasses upon referral.
- Project Vision's HiEHiE mobile shower events: Help out your local community by bringing radical hospitality to the streets! We bring free mobile showers to those experiencing homelessness 3-5 times per week. Sign up to see how you can make an impact in the lives of our neighbors who are transitioning through homelessness.
- Intern with us! We need talented social media interns, film majors and socially conscious policyinfluencers to intern with us ASAP! Email our PVH volunteer coordinator to get great experience working with a local non-profit to boost your resume! Please also call, text or sign up for a chance to intern with us via TimeCounts:
Jade: 203-887-7960 call/text
Further information and details on volunteer roles:
Project Vision and the HiEHiE Mobile shower Project
The HiEHiE Project Hawai'i is a mobile hygiene van that offers free showers to the people of the Hawai`i islands. Our mission is to protect every human’s innate sense of dignity: in the Hawaiian language, their 'Hie Hie’. This is why we bring free mobile showers to those experiencing homelessness to help humans retain their right to 'Hie Hie’ through hygiene. Our parent organization, Project Vision, participates in health screenings, school and pre-school screenings, and events for those who are experiencing homelessness. We are seeking eager volunteers interested in learning to offer kōkua to the people of Hawai’i by providing our guests a calming hygiene experience and a fresh start.
HiEHiE Volunteer Roles:
- Welcome liaison (Intake & shower survey coordinator):
- Hygiene room cleaner: Help clean up. During your shift, you’ll be maintaining que lines as well as keeping our showers cleaned, and stocked with hygiene kits and towels for our guests. We will provide you with gloves and masks during the sanitation process, as we work hard to ensure hygiene and safety for all.
- Driver: Looking for casual CDL drivers to help us travel to HiEHiE sites.
- Set-up/breakdown coordinator: Help us to set up and break down for on-site service before and after your service day!
Vision Screening volunteer
- Intake and data Volunteers: Help to disseminate consent forms to guests who wish to have vision screening completed. Assist participants in completing consent forms to participate in PVH services, if needed. Help to organize referrals and fill out appropriate forms after the screening is completed.
- Welcome Volunteers: Help us greet guests and assist with organizing the flow of operations!
* For keiki screenings, assist keiki and teachers to assemble for screenings in an orderly fashion.
* Organize groups of keiki and keep classes quietly entertained
- Vision Screening Volunteers:
* Help us perform vision creenings on our guests!
* Tests include: near and far sighted screening, retinal and PlusOptix screenings and screening for reading glasses
* Help us disseminate free reading glasses!
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
1110 Nuuanu Avenuehonolulu, HI 96817
- Data Entry
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Youth Services
- Customer Service
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteer during events up to 5 hours- flexible!
- Must demonstrate patience, compassion and supportive attitude to welcome guests to use our services